ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Flavors and fragrances > Synthetic fragrances > Ketones spices > Aromatic ketone > Zearalenone
Zearalenone Chemical Properties
- Melting point:164-165°C
- alpha 25546 -170.5° (c = 1.0 in CH3OH)
- Boiling point:377.53°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.1270 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.6120 (estimate)
- Flash point:6 °C
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form neat
- Merck 13,10169
- BRN 1350216
- CAS DataBase Reference17924-92-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemZearalenone (17924-92-4)
Zearalenone Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesCrystalline Solid
- UsesZearalenone is a resorcylic acid lactone produced by a number of Fusarium sp.. Zearalenone acts as a non-steroidal estrogen, binding to estrogen receptor and is uterotropic. Zearalenone induces reproductive problems in animals and, in some animal models, is thought to be a primary initiator of hepatic tumours. In vivo, zearalenone undergoes metabolic reduction to the more estrogenic zearalenol. Contamination of grains, notably maize, by Fusarium species gives rise to high levels of zearalenone and is regarded as an important food quality issue for both humans and animal health.
- UsesA phytoestrogenic mycotoxin and ER activator
- UsesEstrogenic mycotoxin produced by Fusarium fungi commonly found in grains. One of a group of compounds known as resorcylic acid lactones
- DefinitionChEBI: A macrolide comprising a fourteen-membered lactone fused to 1,3-dihydroxybenzene; a potent estrogenic metabolite produced by some Giberella species.
- General DescriptionWhite microcrystals or white powder.
- Air & Water ReactionsZearalenone may be sensitive to prolonged exposure to air. Insoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileZearalenone is an ester. Esters react with acids to liberate heat along with alcohols and acids. Strong oxidizing acids may cause a vigorous reaction that is sufficiently exothermic to ignite the reaction products. Heat is also generated by the interaction of esters with caustic solutions. Flammable hydrogen is generated by mixing esters with alkali metals and hydrides. Zearalenone may be incompatible with alkalis.
- Fire HazardFlash point data for Zearalenone are not available. Zearalenone is probably combustible.
- Metabolic pathwayWhen zearalenone is subjected to microbial transformation by a fungus, Gliocladium roseum, it is converted to a 1 : 1 mixture of 1-(3,5-dihydroxyphenyl)- 10 0 -hydroxy-1-undecen-6'-one and 1-(3,5- dihydroxyphenyl)-6'-hydroxy-1-undecen-10'-one.
- Zein trans-Zeatin TRANS-ZEATIN RIBOSIDE ZEATIN MIXED ISOMERS-PLANT CELL CULTURE& trans-Zeatin-riboside Zeaxanthin ZERANOL rac Zearalanone-d6 ZEARALANONE Zearalenone in acetontrile Quinocetone 6-METHYLSALICYLIC ACID ETHYL ESTER Methyl 2,4-dihydroxybenzoate 2,4-DIHYDROXY-6-METHYLBENZOIC ACID Hexyl salicylate Octyl paraben Amyl salicylate 2,4-DIHYDROXY-6-METHYLBENZOIC ACID ETHYL ESTER
- Company Name:Huzhou fuhe Rui biological medicine co., ltd Gold
- Company Name:ShangHai Biochempartner Co.,Ltd Gold
- Tel:13720134139 137-20134139-
- Company Name:Jalor-Chem co.,LTD Gold
- Tel:13382276200 0510-86396359-
- Company Name:Beijing OKA biological technology co., LTD Gold
- Tel:18548936886 010-62971590-
- Company Name:Zhuhai Anzhe Biotechnology Co,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13603065275 0756-7790054-