Basic information Physical and chemical properties Toxicity Mode of action Target plants Application How to use Preparation Methods Safety Related Supplier
Clethodim Chemical Properties
- Safety Statements 22-24/25
- RIDADR UN3082 (environmentally haz- ardous substances, liquid, n. o. s.)
- WGK Germany 3
- HS Code 29309090
- Hazardous Substances Data99129-21-2(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 in male, female rats (mg/kg): 1630, 1360 orally; LC50 in trout: 56 mg/l; 8 day feeding in quail: > 6000 ppm (Kincade)
Clethodim Usage And Synthesis
- Physical and chemical propertiesThe original medicine is amber transparent liquid with relative density 1.14 (20 ℃) and vapor pressure <1 × 10-2mPa (20 ℃). It is soluble in most organic solvents, stable under ultraviolet light, but unstable at extreme pH.
- ToxicityThe acute oral toxicity of original medicine LD50 in rats was 1360 mg / kg (female) , 1630 mg / kg (male). The acute dermal toxicity LD(50) in rabbits was more than 5g/kg. The acute inhalation LC50 in rats (4 hours) is more than 4.6mg/L . No effect dose during Feeding test: rat 16mg / kg • d, mice 30mg / kg • d. ADI by humans is 0.01 mg / kg. The acute oral toxicity LD50 in quails is more than 2g / kg. The acute inhalation LC50 (8 days) in wild ducks and quails is more than 6g / kg. The LC50 in daphnias is > 120mg / L. The LD50 in insects is 454 mg / kg. The LC50 in blue gill fish (96 hours)is > 120mg / L, The LC50 in rainbow trout is 5056mg / L. The LD50 in bees is > 100μg per bee.
- Mode of actionIt is a selective, systemic post-emergence herbicide which can be rapidly absorbed by plant leaves and conducted to roots and growing points to inhibit the biosynthesis of plant branched-chain fatty acids. The target weeds then grow slowly and lose competitiveness with seedling tissue early yellowing and followed by the remaining leaves wilting. Finally they will die.
- Target plantsSuitable for broad-leaf plants. All tested plants of non-grass family were highly resistant to RE-45601 throughout the entire growth and development period, even applied with 2 kg ai / hm2 (8-20 times higher than herbicides) plus vegetable oil 2.341 / hm2, the situation still remains the same.
Soybeans and cotton can be sowed immediately after application of RE-45601. Other crops can be sowed 4 months after application of RE-45601 at a dose of 1.12 kg ai / hm2 or less.
- ApplicationApplicable to annual and perennial grass weeds and many Field maize cereals withbroad-leaf. (1) annual species (84-140 g ai / hm2): Kusamiligus ostreatus, wild oats, wool millet, brachiopod, mangrove, black brome, ryegrass, gall grass, French foxtail, hemostatic horse, Golden Foxtail, Crabgrass, Setaria viridis, Echinochloa crus-galli, Dichromatic Sorghum, Barnyardgrass, Wheat, Lemna, Corn; Barley , (2) Arabian sorghum of perennial species (84-140 g ai / hm2); (3) Perennial species (140 ~ 280g ai / hm2) bermudagrass, creeping wild wheat.
It’s not or slightly active against broad-leaf weeds or Carex. The crops of grass family such as barley, corn, oats, rice, sorghum and wheat are all susceptible to RE-45601. Therefore the autogenesis plants in the filed where crops of non-grass family can be controlled with RE-45601.
- How to useRE-45601 gets the best control effect during the period when grass weeds grow vigorously. Drought, low temperature (below 15 ° C) and other unfavorable factors sometimes reduce the activity of RE-45601. For annual weeds of grass family, it should be applied during the 3 to 5 leaf stage. For perennial weeds of grass family, herbicide should be applied after weeds tillering; increase of the dose or number of applications is needed for non- appropriate period for spraying. If an even distribution of droplets can be applied, low spray volume (ie 50L / hm2)is more effective than the high spray volume (180 ~ 280L / hm2). The biological activity can be improved by adding vegetable oil 2.34L / hm2. The active ingredient in RE-45601 is absorbed by plants within 1 hour, so the rainfall after application will not reduce the effect.
- Preparation Methods5-alkylcyclohexanedione-3-carboxylate is produced by the condensation and cyclization of the corresponding ketene and diethyl malonatein the presence of sodium hydroxide, then compound(Ⅰ) is obtained by hydrolysis and decarboxylation, followed by its reaction with propionyl chloride to form 3-propionyloxy-5-alkylcyclohexenone which is soluble in methylene chloride . then has isomerization reaction in the presence of aluminum trichloride and finally reacts with H2NOCH2CH = CHCl to produce,clethodim. The response equation is as follows:
- Chemical PropertiesClear Yellow Oil
- UsesSystemic graminicide. Post-emergent herbicide.
- UsesPost-emergent herbicide.
- Agricultural UsesHerbicide: Not approved for use in EU countries. A selective post-emergence herbicide used to control annual and perennial grasses to a range of crops including cotton, flax, peanuts, soybeans, sugarbeets, potatoes, alfalfa, sunflowers and most vegetables.
- Trade nameCLETODIME®; PRISM®; RE 45601; SELECT®
Clethodim Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 3-Chloropropyltrimethoxysilane 3-Aminopropyltriethoxysilane Chloroacetic acid Epichlorohydrin Lithium diisopropylamide Difluorochloromethane Molasses CLETHODIM SOLUTION 100UG/ML IN TOLUENE 1ML CLETHODIM SOLUTION 100UG/ML IN ACETONITRILE 1ML FLUMICLORAC-PENTYL TRIS EDTA ACETATE BUFFER, 10X, DNASE, RNASE AND PROTEASE FREE, PH 8.3, FOR MOLECULAR BIOLOGY Clethodim Trimethoxypropylsilane Propyl gallate 2-(Trifluoromethoxy)aniline Propyl butyrate RADICININ FROM ALTERNARIA CHRYSANTHEMI 3-Mercaptopropyltriethoxysilane
- Company Name:Jiangsu Agrochem Laboratory Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Rudong Zhongyi Chemical Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Adamas Reagent, Ltd.
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.