ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Hydrocarbons and derivatives > Hydrocarbon halides > Difluorochloromethane
Difluorochloromethane Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-146°C
- Boiling point:-40.8°C
- Density 1,18 g/cm3
- refractive index 1.2560
- form Colorless, nearly odorless, nonflammable gas
- Water Solubility Slightly soluble
- CAS DataBase Reference75-45-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- IARC3 (Vol. 41, Sup 7, 71) 1999
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceMethane, chlorodifluoro-(75-45-6)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemHCFC-22 (75-45-6)
Difluorochloromethane Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiescolourless gas
- Chemical PropertiesChlorodifluoromethane is a nonflammable, colorless, nearly odorless gas.
- UsesRefrigerant, low-temperature solvent, fluorocarbon resins, especially tetrafluoroethylene polymers.
- UsesAerosol propellant; refrigerant; lowtemperature solvent
- General DescriptionDifluorochloromethane is a colorless gas with an ethereal odor. Difluorochloromethane is shipped as a liquefied gas under its own vapor pressure. Difluorochloromethane is noncombustible. Difluorochloromethane can asphyxiate by the displacement of air. Contact with the liquid can cause frostbite. Toxic gases can be produced in fires involving Difluorochloromethane. Exposure of the container to prolonged heat or fire may cause Difluorochloromethane to rupture violently and rocket.
- Air & Water ReactionsThe liquefied gas poured into water can be violently explosive. This is due to the phase transition from superheated liquid to vapor.
- Reactivity ProfileDifluorochloromethane is incompatible with the following: Alkalis, alkaline earth metals (e.g., powdered aluminum, sodium, potassium, zinc) .
- HazardAsphyxiant. Central nervous system impairment, cardiac sensitization. Questionable carcinogen.
- Health HazardInhalation at greater than 10% concentration in air may cause narcosis. Liquid may cause frostbite.
- Fire HazardSpecial Hazards of Combustion Products: Decomposition gases are toxic and irritating.
- Safety ProfileMddly toxic by inhalation. Experimental reproductive effects. Mutation data reported. An asphpant in hgh concentrations. At elevated pressures, 50% mixtures with air are combustible although ignition is dfficult. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of Fand Cl-. See also CHLORINATED HYDROCARBONS, ALIPHATIC; and FLUORIDES.
- Potential ExposureChlorodifluoromethane is used as an aerosol propellant, refrigerant, and low-temperature solvent. It is used in the synthesis of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE).
- CarcinogenicityIn one study, an oral dose of 300mg of HCFC 22/kg of body weight was given to 36 male and 36 female rats 5 days/week for 52 weeks. The rats were held for 125 weeks compared to controls. There was no evidence of any treatment related increase in tumors. In an inhalation study 60 male and 60 female rats were exposed by inhalation to levels of 5000 ppm of HCFC 22. The exposures were 4 h/day, 5 days/week for 104 weeks (rats) or 78 weeks (mice).
- ShippingUN1018 Chlorodifluoromethane, Hazard Class: 2.2; Labels: 2.2-Non-flammable compressed gas. Cylinders must be transported in a secure upright position, in a wellventilated truck. Protect cylinder and labels from physical damage. The owner of the compressed gas cylinder is the only entity allowed by federal law (49CFR) to transport and refill them. It is a violation of transportation regulations to refill compressed gas cylinders without the express written permission of the owner.
- IncompatibilitiesThe liquefied gas poured into water can be violently explosive. This is due to the phase transition from superheated liquid to vapor. Chlorodifluoromethane reacts violently with alkalies and alkaline earth metals; powdered aluminum; sodium, potassium, and zinc; causing fire and explosion hazard. Moisture and rust cause slow decomposition, forming toxic gases. Attacks some plastics, rubber, and coatings. Decomposes in heat forming fumes of chlorine, hydrogen chloride, HF, and phosgene. Attacks magnesium and its alloys.
- Waste DisposalReturn refillable compressed gas cylinders to supplier. Return to vendor or send to licensed waste disposal company.
Difluorochloromethane Preparation Products And Raw materials
- CHLORODIFLUOROACETYL CHLORIDE 1,3-DICHLOROTETRAFLUOROACETONE 1,1-DIFLUOROTETRACHLOROETHANE Chloropentafluoroethane CHLOROTRIFLUOROMETHANE 1,2-DICHLOROHEXAFLUOROPROPANE METHYL CHLORODIFLUOROACETATE Difluoromethane Dichlorodifluoromethane Difluorochloromethane TRIPHENYL METHANE CHLORID BROMOCHLORODIFLUOROMETHANE Chlorofluoromethane Dibromofluoromethane Trichlorofluoromethane 1,1,2-Trichlorotrifluoroethane CHLORODIBROMOMETHANE 1-Chloro-1,1-difluoroethane
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Beijing Ouhe Technology Co., Ltd
- Tel:13552068683 010-82967028-
- Company Name:JinYan Chemicals(ShangHai) Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Jia Xing Isenchem Co.,Ltd
- Tel:18627885956 0573-85285100-