ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Amides > Acyclic polyamines and their derivatives > Methylamine hydrochloride
Methylamine hydrochloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:231-233 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:225-230 °C15 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 0.8306 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5500 (estimate)
- Flash point:225-230°C/15mm
- storage temp. Store below +30°C.
- solubility soluble
- form powder
- color White crystalline
- PH Range5 - 7 at 10 g/l at 20 °C
- PH5-7 (10g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility soluble
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- Merck 14,6014
- BRN 3588822
- Stability:Stable, but may be moisture sensitive. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference593-51-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceMethylammonium chloride(593-51-1)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemMethylamine hydrochloride (593-51-1)
Methylamine hydrochloride Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertieswhite to light tan solid
- UsesMethylamine is used as a building block for the synthesis of other organic compounds. It is on the DEA watchlist for chemical precursors because of clandestine use in manufacture of the drug MDMA (ecstasy) and methamphetamine.
The HCl salt is in the form of white deliquescent crystals, and is frequently substitutable for the aq. soln. in many synthesis preparations. Methylamines are used directly as catalysts or as raw materials to produce other compounds with catalytic activity. Fuel additives are used to improve engine performance in a variety of ways. Trimethylamine is used to make paper chemicals. The manufacture of intermediates to make pharmaceuticals is one of the most diverse uses of methylamines.
- PreparationMethylamine hydrochloride is prepared by heating a mixture of aqueous formaldehyde and ammonium chloride; the residual water and the formic acid produced in the reaction are removed via vacuum distillation. This leaves behind solid methylamine hydrochloride. The solid is then purified by organic extractions and additional vacuum distillations. Methylamine gas for the reaction with P2P is generated in situ by heating the hydrochloride salt with sodium hydroxide. Alternatively, methylamine can be liberated from the hydrochloride with base and collected in a cold finger or flask immersed in a dry ice bath.
- DefinitionChEBI: The hydrochloride formed from methylamine.
- Purification MethodsCrystallise the salt from n-butanol, absolute EtOH or MeOH/CHCl3. Wash it with CHCl3 to remove traces of dimethylamine hydrochloride. Dry it under vacuum first with H2SO4 then P2O5. It is deliquescent; store it in a desiccator over P2O5. [Beilstein 4 IV 122.]
Methylamine hydrochloride Preparation Products And Raw materials
Dimethylamine hydrochloride Trimethylamine hydrochloride Demiditraz IMpurity Demiditraz METHYL-D3-AMINE HYDROCHLORIDE Metformin Impurity 16 MetforMin IMpurity E Sulfate (4,6-DIAMINO-1,3,5-TRIAZINE-2-YL)GUANIDINE Metformin Impurity 7 1-METHYLBIGUANIDE SULPHATE 2,4-DIAMINO-6-DIMETHYLAMINO-1,3,5-TRIAZINE Imidodicarbonimidic diamide, N-ethyl-N-methyl- ZIZMTYLBNDRKDA-UHFFFAOYSA-O Metformin Impurity 11 METFORMIN RELATED COMPOUND B (25 MG) (1-METHYLBIGUANIDE HYDROCHLORIDE) amidinouronium chloride ACID YELLOW 3 ALUMINUM LAKE Metformin hydrochloride
- Company Name:Hebei Guanlang Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Nanjing Apicci Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Sichuan Hainuowei Technology Co. Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shijiazhuang Suking Biotechnology Co .,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:17318586295 173-1858-6295
- Company Name:Hebei aikuo biotechnology co. LTD Gold
- Tel:13102808677 0311-66855331-