ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Metal nitrates and nitrites > Chromic nitrate
Chromic nitrate Chemical Properties
Chromic nitrate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesChromium nitrate is a crystalline substance, variously stated to be green brown or purple and existing in various hydrated forms.
- UsesCatalyst, corrosion inhibitor.
- DefinitionChEBI: An inorganic nitrate salt consisting of chromium and nitrate in which the ratio of chromium (in the +3 oxidation state) to nitrate is 1:3
- HazardMay ignite organic materials on contact; may be explosive when shocked or heated; powerful oxidizer. Very toxic.
- Safety ProfilePoison by intraperitoneal route. Moderately toxic by subcutaneous and ingestion routes. Mutation data reported. Questionable carcinogen. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx and Cr.
- Potential ExposureChromium nitrate is used in the preparation of chrome catalysts, in textile printing operations; and as a corrosion inhibitor. Used to make other chemicals.
- ShippingUN2720 Chromium nitrate, Hazard Class: 5.1; Labels: 5.1-Oxidizer
- Purification MethodsFilter off the salt and wash it with CCl4 in a closed system under N2, and dry it in vacuo. It is very soluble in H2O, EtOAc and Me2SO but insoluble in *C6H6, CCl4 and CHCl3. The deliquescent powder reacts vigorously with Et2O. [Addison & Chapman J Chem Soc 539 1964.] Cr(VI) ions are carcinogenic as they cause DNA breaks, and Cr(III) ions affect DNA synthesis.
- IncompatibilitiesThis chemical is a strong oxidizer. Contact with reducing agents; fuels, ethers, and other flammable and combustible materials cause a fire and explosion hazard. Violent reaction with many compounds, including reducing agents; alcohols, chemically active metals; combustible materials, strong acids, alkaline earth sulfides, aluminum carbides, aluminum, amines, calcium sulfide, carbides, chlorine trifluoride, glycerin, hydrides, hydrochloric acid, hydrogen peroxide, hydrogen sulfide, hydroxylamine, magnesium, metal powders, metal sulfides, molybdenum, phenylhydrazine, phosphorous red/friction, phosphorous trichloride, silicon, sulfides, sulfur, sulfur Chromium Nitrate 845 dioxide, sulfur/friction, sulfuric acid, tungsten, hydrogen trisulfide
- Waste DisposalPrecipitate chromium as the hydroxide. Dewater the sludge and dispose of in singlepurpose dumps.
Chromic nitrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsCHROMIUM(III) NITRATE NONAHYDRATE
- Cadmium nitrate Chromium(III) chloride CHROMIUM(III) NITRATE-9-HYDRATE R. G. CHROMIUM(III) NITRATE HYDRATE CHROMIUM(III) NITRATE, NONAHYDRATE/ 97%",CHROMIUM(III) NITRATE, NONAHYDRATE/ 97%" Chromium(Iii)Nitrate(Nonhydrate)Gr2150954 CHROMIUM (IC) PHOSPHATE CHROMIUM RUBIDIUM SULFATE CHROMIC CITRATE sulphuric acid, chromium sodium salt CHROMIC CHROMATE CESIUM CHROMIUM SULFATE CHROMIUM(III) PHOSPHATE CHROMIUM POTASSIUM SULFATE CHROMIC POTASSIUM SULPHATE 24H2O Chromium(III) nitrate hydrate, Puratronic(R), 99.999% (metals basis),Chromium(Ⅲ)nitrate,CHROMIUM NITRATE CHROMIUM(III) PHOSPHATE ACID BLUE 161, PURE
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Adamas Reagent, Ltd.
- Company Name:Shanghai Hanhong Scientific Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:BEST-REAGENT
- Tel:18981987031 400-1166-196
- Company Name:Chengdu Ai Keda Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:4008-755-333 028-85911938-