Basic information Description Sources Physical properties Classification Uses Application Preparation References Safety Related Supplier
Pectinase Chemical Properties
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form powder
- color slightly beige
- Water Solubility Soluble in water and practically insoluble in ethanol and ether.
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPolygalacturonase (9032-75-1)
Pectinase Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionPectinase is a complex enzyme consisting of pectolyase, pectozyme, and polygalacturonase. It is able to break down pectin, a kind of polysaccharide existing in plant cell wall. Pectin is It functions optimally at temperatures between 45 and 55 °C and pH between 3 and 6.5. Owing to this property, Pectinase is often used in processes demanding the degradation of plant materials such as speeding up the extraction process of fruit juice. More importantly, through breaking down pectin, which is an important diet component of human being, pectinase can positively affect the digestive system, maintain intestinal bacteria balance and promote colon health. Pectinase is also useful during the production of wine for aiding the extraction of flavours from the mash. Pectinase is also used for retting. It is usually obtained from the fermentation of fungi such as Aspergillus Niger.
- SourcesMany molds and small amounts of bacteria and yeasts can produce pectinase, mainly Aspergillus and Bacillus, others including Penicillium (Penicillium expansum, Penicillium griseoroseum, etc), Sclerotium rolfsii, Rhizoctonia solani, Mucor pusilus, Mucor mucedo, Cloctridium thermosaccharolyticum, Rhizopus stolonifer, Aureobasiduim pullulans, Neurospora rassa, Sporotrichum thermophile, etc. As Aspergillus niger in fungi belongs to GRAS (General Regarded As Safe), its metabolites are safe, so currently marketed food grade pectinase is mainly from Aspergillus niger, and the optimum pH value is generally in the acidic range. With the continuous improvement of molecular biology techniques, gene cloning technology can also be used to achieve expression of pectinase in other microbial hosts.
- Physical propertiesThe molecular weight of pectinase is generally between 20kD and 60kD, and most of them exist as monomeric enzymes. Pectinase activity is usually in the range of pH 3.0 to 9.0, with an isoelectric point of 4.0 to 9.0. Among them, an optimum pH of a hydrolase is 4.0 to 6.5, and its action does not require the participation of Ca2+. The optimum pH of the penctin lyase is 8.0 to 10.0, and its action requires Ca2+ involvement. The pectinase produced by different strains has different properties. Common purification methods of pectinase include ammonium sulfate precipitation, acetone precipitation, ion exchange chromatography and gel filtration chromatography.
- ClassificationPectinase can be divided into four types: protopectinase, polygalacturonase, penctin lyase (PL), and pectinesterase (PE). Protopectalase can promote the dissolution of pectin. According to its catalytic mechanism, protopectinase is divided into two types: Type A pectinase and Type B pectinase. The former mainly acts on the inner polygalacturonic acid region of protopectin. The latter mainly acts on the outer polysaccharide chains of the galacturonic acid chains and cell wall components. Polygalacturonase is a kind of pectinase which promotes the hydrolysis of galacturonic acid chain under water environment.
- UsesPectinase, Aspergillus niger is used in plant protoplast preparation to digest cell wall prior to organelle isolation. Pectinase helps facilitate the maceration of plant materials and extraction processes including organelle preparation. It is used in the enzyme preparation. Used mostly to reduce viscosity, to improve filtration to clarify products, to avoid particle sedimentation and to prevent pectin gel formation in the manufacture of fruit juice and wine.
- ApplicationAn enzyme found in plant cells that breaks down the polysaccharide pectin. In life, this enzyme is involved in various metabolic functions of the plant, including the ripening process. In the kitchen, cooks use this enzyme to break down pectin to soften plant foods as a way to modify texture, make juicing easier, or to assist in the clarification of plant juices. Pectinase is also commonly used in wine making to get rid of cloudiness.
- PreparationPectinase occurs throughout the natural world, but microbes are the primary tool through which it is made for commercial purposes. Producing microbial pectinase occurs mostly by submerging bacteria in a liquid that is continuously agitated, or via solid-state fermentation, which involves growing the microbes on a substrate. The microbes secrete the lipase, which is then purified, homogenized, and crystallized for sale.
Pectinase Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Tris(2,4-pentanedionato)chroMiuM(III) N-BUTYLISOCYANIDE SALCOMINE Cupric acetylacetonate TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE Aluminum acetylacetonate COBALT(II) ACETYLACETONATE 2,4-PENTANEDIONE, SILVER DERIVATIVE DICHLORO(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)PLATINUM(II) BENZYL ISOCYANIDE COBALT ETHYLENE DIAMINE CHLORIDE Ethyl isocyanoacetate METHYL ISOCYANOACETATE TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)DYSPROSIUM(III) Tosylmethyl isocyanide Ferric acetylacetonate Pectinase Cellulase R-10
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:future industrial shanghai co., ltd
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:18600197062 0757-86329057-
- Oct 28，2020