ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Vitamins and Minerals medicines > Trace Elements And Minerals medicines > Manganese sulfate monohydrate
Manganese sulfate monohydrate
Manganese sulfate monohydrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:700 °C
- Boiling point:850 °C
- Density 2.95
- storage temp. Store at +15°C to +25°C.
- solubility 5-10 g/100 mL at 21°C
- form Solid
- color Pink
- PH3.0-3.5 (50g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility 5-10 g/100 mL at 21 ºC
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- Merck 14,5739
- CAS DataBase Reference10034-96-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemManganese(II) sulfate monohydrate (10034-96-5)
Manganese sulfate monohydrate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesPale pink crystalline powder, slightly hygroscopic
- UsesManganese sulfate monohydrate is used to produce manganese by an electrolytic process. The compound is used for dyeing textiles; for producing red glazes on porcelain; in varnish driers; in fertilizers; and in animal feeds to provide manganese as an essential trace element.
- UsesManganese Sulfate is a source of manganese that functions as a nutrient and dietary supplement. It exists as a powder which is readily soluble in water.
- UsesManganese(II) sulfate monohydrate is used as a colorant in dyes, fertilizers, animal feeds and red glazes on porcelain. Further, it is used in paints, ceramics, nutrient and dietary supplement. It is involved in the preparation of manganese dioxide. In addition, it serves as a precursor to manganese metal and other manganese compounds.
- PreparationManganese(II) sulfate is prepared by prolonged heating of any manganese salt with concentrated sulfuric acid. The compound is produced commercially from pyrolusite (MnO2) or rhodochrosite (MnCO3). Either mineral is dissolved in sulfuric acid and the solution evaporated:
MnO2 + H2SO4 → MnSO4 + H2O + ½ O2
Alternatively, manganese dioxide is heated strongly with dehydrated iron(II) sulfate:
2MnO2 + 2FeSO4 → 2MnSO4 + Fe2O3 + ½ O2
Manganese(II) sulfate, prepared by methods involving evaporation of manganese salt with sulfuric acid, is the tetrahydrate, MnSO4•4H2O. The tetrahydrate on gentle heating produces monohydrate, MnSO4•H2O.
Also, manganese(II) sulfate is a by-product in the manufacture of hydroquinone. The process involves reaction of aniline with manganese dioxide in sulfuric acid, followed by the removal of quinone by steam distillation under vacuum.
2C6H5NH2 (aniline) + 5H2SO4 + 4MnO2 → 2C6H4O2 + 4MnSO4 + 2C6H4O2 + 4MnSO4(quinone)
The unreacted acid is neutralized by lime, treated with water, and the solution filtered to separate any excess MnO2 and insoluble residues. Evaporation of the filtrate yields a crude product containing about 80% MnSO4 and 15% (NH4)2SO4.
Manganese(II) sulfate also may be produced by the action of sulfur dioxide with manganese dioxide:
MnO2 + SO2 → MnSO4
- General DescriptionOdorless pale red slightly efflorescent crystals or light pink powder. pH (5% solution) 3.7.
- Air & Water ReactionsWater soluble. Hygroscopic.
- Reactivity ProfileManganese(II) sulfate hydrate is incompatible with aluminum and magnesium.
- Fire HazardFlash point data for Manganese(II) sulfate hydrate are not available; however, Manganese(II) sulfate hydrate is probably combustible.
- Biochem/physiol ActionsManganese sulfate has various industrial applications such as dyeing, porcelain glazing, and the manufacture of fertilizers and boiling oils. MnSO4 is used as a source of manganese ion in biological research, such as in culturing of Bacillus licheniformis and the induction of chromosomal abnormalities in plants. MnSO4 has been utilized to investigate the enzyme dependent glycosylation of endogenous glycoproteins in human skeletal muscle.
- Purification MethodsCrystallise it from water (0.9mL/g) at 54-55o by evaporating about two-thirds of the water. It dehydrates above 400o.
Manganese sulfate monohydrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsAmmoniaMixed and compound fertilizerManganese carbonateMancozeb3-METHOXYISONICOTINALDEHYDEFoliar-fertilizer1-METHYL-1H-IMIDAZOLE-5-CARBOXALDEHYDEManganous dihydrogen phosphateElectrolytic manganese bioxideMANGANESE OCTOATEManganese naphthenateRare earth drier
- Raw materialsSulfuric acid Manganese dioxideHydroquinoneFerrous sulfate heptahydrateManganesePYRITEBARIUM SULFIDETrimanganese tetraoxideMANGANESE (II) OXIDE
Manganese nitrate Manganese chloride tetrahydrate Lithium sulfate monohydrate Potassium oxalate monohydrate Cupric acetate monohydrate Potassium citrate monohydrate magnesium sulphate monohydrate Barium hydroxide monohydrate Lithium Bromide hydrate Sulfuric acid Manganese sulfate Manganese Sodium sulfate Magnesium sulfate heptahydrate Manganese sulfate monohydrate Ammonium sulfate Manganese sulfate hydrate MANGANESE POTASSIUM SULFATE
Manganese sulfate monohydrateSupplierMore
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- Tel:400-620-6333 400-62063333-1
- Company Name:Langfang pengcai fine chemical co., ltd. Gold
- Tel:18911125634 0316-2132008-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-