ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Strontium or barium oxides and peroxides > Barium hydroxide monohydrate
Barium hydroxide monohydrate
Barium hydroxide monohydrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:78 °C(lit.)
- Density 3.743 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- form Crystalline
- color White
- Water Solubility Soluble in water.
- Sensitive Air Sensitive & Hygroscopic
- CAS DataBase Reference22326-55-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemBarium hydroxide (Ba(OH)2), monohydrate (22326-55-2)
Barium hydroxide monohydrate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertieswhite powder(s); formed when barium hydroxide octahydrate is “boiled dry” in CO2 free atmospheric; used in manufacturing oil and grease additives, soaps, and in refining beet sugar [KIR78] [MER06] [HAW93]
- General DescriptionBarium hydroxide monohydrate is a white powder. Barium hydroxide monohydrate is slightly soluble in water. Barium hydroxide monohydrate is corrosive to metals and tissue. Barium hydroxide monohydrate is used in water purification, to make lubricating and oil additives, to make barium containing chemicals and for many other uses.
- Air & Water ReactionsThe amount of heat generated by hydrolysis may be large. Slightly soluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileBarium hydroxide monohydrate reacts similarly to sodium hydroxide (NaOH), but is less soluble in water. Neutralizes acids exothermically to form salts plus water. Can react with aluminum and zinc to form oxides or hydroxides of the metal and generate gaseous hydrogen. May initiate polymerization reactions in polymerizable organic compounds, especially epoxides. May generate flammable and/or toxic gases with ammonium salts, nitrides, halogenated organics, various metals, peroxides, and hydroperoxides. Intimate mixtures with chlorinated rubber have when heated been explosive during the milling process [ABCM Quart. Safety Summ., 1963, 34, 12].
- Health HazardTOXIC; inhalation, ingestion or skin contact with material may cause severe injury or death. Contact with molten substance may cause severe burns to skin and eyes. Avoid any skin contact. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed. Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may be corrosive and/or toxic and cause pollution.
- Fire HazardNon-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes. Some are oxidizers and may ignite combustibles (wood, paper, oil, clothing, etc.). Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated.
Barium hydroxide monohydrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- BARIUM LAURATE OXALOSUCCINIC ACID BARIUM SALT BARIUM CYCLOHEXANEBUTYRATE BARIUM LACTATE BARIUM CITRATE BARIUM RICINOLEATE BARIUM METHACRYLATE Barium hydroxide monohydrate Hydroxide Barium Ammonium hydroxide Aluminum hydroxide Barium oxide Barium stearate Calcium hydroxide Barium peroxide Barium hydroxide Barium hydroxide octahydrate
Barium hydroxide monohydrateSupplierMore
- Company Name:HUBEI RISON CHEMICAL CO.,LTD Gold
- Tel:027 83642615 13995607107
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:Shanghai Macklin Biochemical Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Hangzhou J&H Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Chizhou Kailong Import and Export Trade Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Please Email