ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic bases > Barium hydroxide octahydrate
Barium hydroxide octahydrate
Barium hydroxide octahydrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:78 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:780°C
- Density 2.18
- storage temp. Store at +5°C to +30°C.
- solubility 72g/l
- form Solid
- Specific Gravity2.18
- color White
- PH14 (H2O, 20℃)(saturated aqueous solution)
- PH Range12.5 at 50 g/l at 20 °C
- Water Solubility 56 g/L (15 ºC)
- Sensitive Air Sensitive & Hygroscopic
- Merck 14,977
- CAS DataBase Reference12230-71-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
Barium hydroxide octahydrate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionBarium hydroxide is available as colourless or white crystals. It is odourless and soluble in water. It is stable under ordinary conditions of use and storage. It is incompatible with acids, oxidisers, and chlorinated rubber. Barium hydroxide is corrosive to metals such as zinc. Barium hydroxide is very alkaline and rapidly absorbs carbon dioxide from air, becoming completely insoluble in water. Barium hydroxide is used in analytical chemistry for the titration of weak acids. Barium hydroxide is used in organic synthesis as a strong base. Barium hydroxide decomposes to barium oxide when heated to 800°C.
- Chemical Propertieswhite crystalline powder
- UsesBarium hydroxide octahydrate is extensively used in the manufacturing of barium salts and barium organic compounds; In manufacture of alkali, glass; in synthetic rubber vulcanization, in corrosion inhibitors, pesticides, sugar industry; boiler scale remedy; refining animal and vegetable oils; softening water. Catalyst in organic synthesis.
- UsesIn manufacture of alkali, glass; in synthetic rubber vulcanization, in corrosion inhibitors, pesticides, sugar industry; boiler scale remedy; refining animal and vegetable oils; softening water. Catalyst in organic synthesis.
- Purification MethodsIt crystallises from water (1mL/g) and readily absorbs CO2 from air. It effloresces to the monohydrate. It dehydrates to Ba(OH)2 in dry air at 100o. An aqueous solution (baryta water) absorbs CO2 to form a white precipitate of BaCO3.
Barium hydroxide octahydrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsSodium hydroxideBarium sulfateBarium carbonateBarium chloride dihydrateBarium chlorideBARIUM SULFIDE
- Preparation Products2-Chlorobenzoic acidBarium carbonate3-Amino-5-methylpyrazoleSilver oxideHeat stabilizer for PVCBarium chromateCarboplatinBARIUM DINONYLNAPHTHALENESULFONATEBarium hydroxide monohydrateBarium naphthenateBarium oxalateAmstat
- 5BETA-PREGNAN-3ALPHA,17ALPHA,21-TRIOL-11,20-DIONE 3-(O->1BETA)-D-GLUCOPYRANOSIDURONIC ACID BARIUM SALT AC, CCK 26-31 FMOC-O-SULFO-L-TYROSINE BARIUM SALT HYDRATE 6-PHOSPHOGLUCONIC ACID BARIUM SALT BARIUM TITANIUM ETHYLHEXANO-ISOPROPOXIDE BARIUM GLUCONATE 6-PHOSPHOGLUCONIC ACID BARIUM SALT HYDRATE COBALT/BARIUM/ZINC OCTOATE BLENDS BARIUM TITANYL OXALATE TETRAHYDRATE BARIUM FLUOROCITRATE Barium hydroxide octahydrate Barium Aluminum hydroxide Ammonium hydroxide Hydroxide Lithium hydroxide monohydrate Barium hydroxide, monohydrate, Ba as BaO 78.5-80.5% Barium sulfate
Barium hydroxide octahydrateSupplierMore
- Company Name:Shanghai Dingfen Chemical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:02157450129 021-37590756-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009