ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Hormones and the Endocrine System > Androgen and anabolic hormones > Nandrolone
Nandrolone Chemical Properties
- Melting point:120-125 °C
- alpha D22 +55° (c = 0.93 in chloroform)
- Boiling point:357.38°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.0528 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.4800 (estimate)
- Flash point:2℃
- storage temp. Controlled Substance, -20°C Freezer
- color Dimorphic crystals from CH2Cl2/Et2O
- Water Solubility 3.09g/L(25 ºC)
- Merck 6365
- BRN 2055849
- CAS DataBase Reference434-22-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceNandrolone(434-22-0)
Nandrolone Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesCrystalline Solid
- UsesAn anabolic steroid. Controlled substance (anabolic steroid)
- DefinitionChEBI: A 3-oxo Delta4-steroid that is estr-4-en-3-one substituted by a beta-hydroxy group at position 17.
- Manufacturing ProcessAn ice-cold solution of 1.5 grams of 19-nortestosterone and 1.5 ml of dry pyridine in 10 ml of dry benzene is prepared and a solution of 1.5 ml of β- phenylpropionyl chloride in 5 ml of dry benzene is added dropwise over a period of about 2 minutes with stirring. The resulting mixture is allowed to stand overnight under an atmosphere of nitrogen and then washed successively with cold 5% aqueous hydrochloric acid solution, cold 2.5% aqueous sodium hydroxide solution, and water. After drying over anhydrous sodium sulfate, the solvent is evaporated to give an almost colorless oil. Recrystallization from methanol gives white crystals of 19-nortestosterone 17- β-phenylpropionate, MP 91° to 92.5°C.
- Therapeutic Function Anabolic
- Mechanism of actionNandrolone facilitates formation of body muscle mass and strengthens the process of osseous tissue development. The main indications for using nandrolone, as well as other anabolic steroids, are abnormal protein anabolism, asthenia, diseases accompanied by protein loss, adrenal insufficiency, steroid diabetes, and prolonged condition of sluggishness.
- Safety ProfileExperimental reproductiveeffects. When heated to decomposition it emits acridsmoke and irritating fumes.
- Chemical SynthesisNandrolone, 17β-hydroxyester-4-en-3-one (29.1.7), is made from estradiol
(28.1.17). The phenol hydroxyl group undergoes methylation by dimethylsulfate in the
presence of sodium hydroxide, forming the corresponding methyl ether (29.3.1), and then
the aromatic ring is reduced by lithium in liquid ammonia, which forms an enol ether
(29.3.2). Hydrolyzing this compound with a mixture of hydrochloric and acetic acids leads
to the formation of a keto group, and simultaneous isomerization of the double bond from
C5–C10 to position C4–C5 gives the desired nandrolone (29.3.3) [16–19]. Upon necessity of
using it in the form of acid esters, the product is acylated by corresponding acid derivatives.
- Etonogestrel Oxendolone NANDROLONE ACETATE NANDROLONE BENZOATE Norclostebol 4-ESTREN-4-METHYL-17-BETA-OL-3-ONE Norbolethone Mibolerone MIBOLERONE, [17ALPHA-METHYL-3H]- NANDROLONE HEMISUCCINATE 4-fluoro-19-nortestosterone Deprodone NANDROLONE SULPHATE, SODIUM SALT OXABOLONE CIPIONATE 19-NORTESTOSTERONE TOSYLATE Trestolone Nandrolone Nandrolone Decanoate
- Company Name:INTATRADE GmbH
- Tel:+49 3493/605464
- Company Name:TAIYUAN RHF CO.,LTD.
- Tel:+86 351 7031519
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:18516978288 0757-86329057-
- Company Name:LGM Pharma
- Company Name:Nanjing Chemlin Chemical Co., Ltd