ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Catalyst and Auxiliary > Plastic rubber chemicals > Plasticizers > Triethyl acetyl citrate
Triethyl acetyl citrate
Triethyl acetyl citrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-42°C
- Boiling point:228-229 °C100 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 1.136 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:>230 °F
- solubility Soluble 1 in 140 of water; miscible with acetone, ethanol, and propan-2-ol.
- form neat
- BRN 1804947
- CAS DataBase Reference77-89-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference1,2,3-Propanetricarboxylic acid, 2-acetoxy-, triethyl ester(77-89-4)
- EPA Substance Registry System1,2,3-Propanetricarboxylic acid, 2-(acetyloxy)-, triethyl ester (77-89-4)
- Safety Statements 23-24/25
- WGK Germany 1
- RTECS GE8225000
- HS Code 2918150000
- Language:EnglishProvider:2-(Acetyloxy)-1,2,3-propanetricarboxylic acid triethyl ester
Triethyl acetyl citrate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesAcetyltriethyl citrate occurs as a clear, odorless, practically colorless oily liquid.
- UsesATEC is produced by the reaction of citric acid triethyl ester with acetic acid anhydride. It is used as a solvent plasticizer for cellulose nitrate and cellulose acetate.
- Production MethodsAcetyltriethyl citrate is prepared by the esterification of citric acid with ethanol followed by acylation with acetic anhydride.
- DefinitionAqueous-based pharmaceutical coat- ings.
- Pharmaceutical ApplicationsAcetyltriethyl citrate is used to plasticize polymers in formulated pharmaceutical coatings. The coating applications include capsules, tablets, beads and granules for taste masking, immediate release, sustained-release and enteric formulations. It is also used in diffusion-controlled release drug delivery systems.
- SafetyAcetyltriethyl citrate is used in oral pharmaceutical formulations
and is generally regarded as a nontoxic and nonirritating material.
However, ingestion of large quantities may be harmful.
LD50 (cat, oral): 8.5 g/kg
LD50 (mouse, IP): 1.15 g/kg
LD50 (rat, oral): 7 g/kg
- storageAcetyltriethyl citrate should be stored in dry, closed containers at temperatures not exceeding 388℃. When stored in accordance with these conditions, acetyltriethyl citrate is a stable product.
- IncompatibilitiesAcetyltriethyl citrate is incompatible with strong alkalis and oxidizing materials.
- Regulatory StatusApproved in the USA for direct food contact in food films.
- DIETHYL 2-ACETYLGLUTARATE Ethyl acetohydroxamate Methyl isobutyrylacetate ARSENIC ACID TRIETHYL ESTER TRIS(TRIMETHYLSILYL) PHOSPHATE Triethyl phosphonoacetate Sildenafil citrate Zinc citrate Tributyl citrate CITRATE Ethyl 2,4-dioxovalerate CLOMIFENE CITRATE Ammonium citrate tribasic Triethyl phosphate VINYL ESTER RESIN Triethyl methanetricarboxylate Methyl acrylate Sodium citrate
Triethyl acetyl citrate SupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-
- Company Name:Beijing Ouhe Technology Co., Ltd
- Tel:13552068683 010-82967028-