ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Catalyst and Auxiliary > Plastic rubber chemicals > Plasticizers > Triethyl acetyl citrate
Triethyl acetyl citrate
Triethyl acetyl citrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-42°C
- Boiling point:228-229 °C100 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 1.136 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:>230 °F
- solubility Soluble 1 in 140 of water; miscible with acetone, ethanol, and propan-2-ol.
- form neat
- BRN 1804947
- CAS DataBase Reference77-89-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference1,2,3-Propanetricarboxylic acid, 2-acetoxy-, triethyl ester(77-89-4)
- EPA Substance Registry System1,2,3-Propanetricarboxylic acid, 2-(acetyloxy)-, triethyl ester (77-89-4)
- Safety Statements 23-24/25
- WGK Germany 1
- RTECS GE8225000
- HS Code 2918150000
- Language:EnglishProvider:2-(Acetyloxy)-1,2,3-propanetricarboxylic acid triethyl ester
Triethyl acetyl citrate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesAcetyltriethyl citrate occurs as a clear, odorless, practically colorless oily liquid.
- UsesATEC is produced by the reaction of citric acid triethyl ester with acetic acid anhydride. It is used as a solvent plasticizer for cellulose nitrate and cellulose acetate.
- Production MethodsAcetyltriethyl citrate is prepared by the esterification of citric acid with ethanol followed by acylation with acetic anhydride.
- DefinitionAqueous-based pharmaceutical coat- ings.
- Pharmaceutical ApplicationsAcetyltriethyl citrate is used to plasticize polymers in formulated pharmaceutical coatings. The coating applications include capsules, tablets, beads and granules for taste masking, immediate release, sustained-release and enteric formulations. It is also used in diffusion-controlled release drug delivery systems.
- SafetyAcetyltriethyl citrate is used in oral pharmaceutical formulations
and is generally regarded as a nontoxic and nonirritating material.
However, ingestion of large quantities may be harmful.
LD50 (cat, oral): 8.5 g/kg
LD50 (mouse, IP): 1.15 g/kg
LD50 (rat, oral): 7 g/kg
- storageAcetyltriethyl citrate should be stored in dry, closed containers at temperatures not exceeding 388℃. When stored in accordance with these conditions, acetyltriethyl citrate is a stable product.
- IncompatibilitiesAcetyltriethyl citrate is incompatible with strong alkalis and oxidizing materials.
- Regulatory StatusApproved in the USA for direct food contact in food films.
- Triethyl phosphonoacetate Sildenafil citrate Zinc citrate Tributyl citrate CITRATE Ethyl 2,4-dioxovalerate CLOMIFENE CITRATE Ammonium citrate tribasic Triethyl phosphate VINYL ESTER RESIN Triethyl methanetricarboxylate Calcium citrate Methyl acrylate Sodium citrate Triethyl citrate Acetyl tributyl citrate Diethyl phthalate Mosapride citrate
Triethyl acetyl citrate SupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:010-82848833- ;010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Company Name:Beijing Ouhe Technology Co., Ltd