ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Catalyst and Auxiliary > Plastic rubber chemicals > Plasticizers > Acetyl tributyl citrate
Acetyl tributyl citrate
Acetyl tributyl citrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-59 °C
- Boiling point:327 °C
- Density 1.05 g/mL at 25 °C (lit.)
- vapor pressure 0.26 psi ( 20 °C)
- refractive index n
- FEMA 3080 | TRIBUTYL ACETYLCITRATE
- Flash point:>230 °F
- storage temp. Store below +30°C.
- solubility Not miscible with water, miscible with ethanol (96 per cent) and with methylene chloride.
- form neat
- Water Solubility <0.1 g/100 mL
- FreezingPoint -80℃
- JECFA Number630
- BRN 2303316
- CAS DataBase Reference77-90-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference1,2,3-Propanetricarboxylic acid, 2-(acetyloxy)-, tributyl ester(77-90-7)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemAcetyl tributyl citrate (77-90-7)
Acetyl tributyl citrate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesclear colorless liquid
- Chemical PropertiesAcetyltributyl citrate is a clear, odorless, practically colorless, oily liquid.
- Chemical PropertiesTributyl acetylcitrate has a very faint, sweet, herbaceous odor. At high levels (e.g., 1000 ppm emulsion in water), it has a mild, fruity, nondescript flavor.
- Chemical PropertiesAcetyl tributyl citrate (ATBC) is a colorless, odorless liquid. Its water solubility is less than 0.002 g/100 mL, but it is soluble in organic solvents.
- UsesLabelled Tributyl O-Acetylcitrate (T772950). Topical pharmaceutical formulation anesthetic surfactant ester.
- Usesplasticizer flavoring agent
- DefinitionAqueous-based pharmaceutical coat- ings.
- PreparationFrom citric acid via the tributyl ester followed by acetylation.
- Production MethodsAcetyltributyl citrate is prepared by the esterification of citric acid with butanol followed by acylation with acetic anhydride.
- Pharmaceutical ApplicationsAcetyltributyl citrate is used to plasticize polymers in formulated pharmaceutical coatings, including capsules, tablets, beads, and granules for taste masking, immediate release, sustained-release and enteric formulations.
- Safety ProfileWhen heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes. ADD750
- Safetyand films intended for direct food contact. It is also used in selfadhesive
thin films used for topical delivery systems. It is generally
regarded as a relatively nontoxic and nonirritating material.
However, ingestion of large quantities may be harmful.
LD50 (cat, oral): >50 mL/kg
LD50 (mouse, IP): >4 g/kg
LD50 (rat, oral): >31.5 g/kg
- CarcinogenicityThe chronic toxicity of ATBC was evaluated in rats fed diets containing 200, 2000, or 20,000 ppm of ATBC for 2 years. There were no treatment- related lesions in any organs examined.
- storageAcetyltributyl citrate should be stored in a well-closed container in a cool, dry location at temperatures not exceeding 38℃. When stored in accordance with these conditions, acetyltributyl citrate is a stable product.
- IncompatibilitiesAcetyltributyl citrate is incompatible with strong alkalis and oxidizing materials.
- Regulatory StatusIncluded in FDA Inactive Ingredients Database (oral capsules and tablets). Included in nonparenteral medicines licensed in the UK. Approved in the USA for direct food contact in food films.
Acetyl tributyl citrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Ethyl 2,4-dioxovalerate Diethyl ethoxymethylenemalonate Ethyl 2-(ethoxymethylene)-4,4,4-trifluoroacetoacetate Ethyl acetamidoacetate Levulinic acid Acetylsalicylic acid Acethydrazide Ethyl levulinate Calcium citrate ACETYL TRIBUTYL CITRATE (ATBC) tris(2-ethylhexyl) 2-(acetyloxy)propane-1,2,3-tricarboxylate MONO-ETHYL (R)-3-ACETOXYGLUTARATE 2-Hydroxy-2-methylbutyric acid ETHYL 2-ETHOXYPROPIONATE (S)-(+)-CITRAMALIC ACID TRIMETHYL CITRATE Butyl isovalerate Trihexyl O-acetylcitrate
Acetyl tributyl citrateSupplierMore
- Company Name:Ji 'nan jinbang environmental protection technology co., ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390