ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Carboxylic acids and derivatives > Carboxylic Acid Salts > Ammonium citrate tribasic
Ammonium citrate tribasic
Ammonium citrate tribasic Chemical Properties
- Melting point:185 °C (dec.)(lit.)
- Boiling point:100 °C(lit.)
- Density 1 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor density 1.8 (vs air)
- solubility H2O: 1 M at 20 °C, clear, colorless
- form Crystals
- color White to off-white
- PHpH(40g/l, 25℃) : 6.0～7.7
- Water Solubility Soluble in water. Slightly soluble in alcohol.
- BRN 3779194
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference3458-72-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System1,2,3-Propanetricarboxylic acid, 2-hydroxy-, triammonium salt (3458-72-8)
Ammonium citrate tribasic Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertieswhite crystalline powder
- Chemical PropertiesAmmonium citrate (various forms) is a white powdery material with a slight ammonia-like odor.
- UsesAmmonium citrate tribasic is mainly used for chemical analysis, in industry for water treatment, in food industry for buffering agent and emulsifier, for metal surface cleaning (in particular petroleum pipeline cleaning), as a ceramic dispersant,as auxiliary infiltration agent, as detergent material and as soil improvement agent component.Ammonium citrate tribasic is applied in electroplating industry for non cyanide plating complexing agent, used mostly for preparing anti rust agent in machinery industry and as buffering agent. It serves as a chemical reagent in analytical chemistry to determine the efficient phosphate levels in phosphate salts and fertilizer.
- DefinitionChEBI: A citrate salt in which all three carboxy groups are deprotonated and associated with ammonium ions as counter-cations.
- Agricultural UsesAmmonium citrate is a white, granular, water-soluble
salt of ammonia and citric acid. It is used in a neutral
solution for determining the phosphorus content of
phosphate fertilizers (such as calcium hydrogen
phosphate (CaHPO4)), that are insoluble in water but
dissolve in complexing citrate solutions.
The fertilizer residue, after extraction of watersoluble phosphorus, is re-extracted with a neutral or strongly alkaline solution of 1 normal (1N) ammonium citrate for a prescribed period, and the slurry filtered. Citrate-soluble phosphorus is the phosphorus content in the filtrate and is expressed as a percentage by weight of the fertilizer.
The extraction of phosphate with 1N ammonium citrate is carried out routinely for 30 minutes, first at room temperature and then at 4O℃ For neutral ammonium citrate solution, a temperature of 65℃ is preferred.
Some European countries use an alkaline ammonium citrate solution, which extracts smaller amounts of phosphorus. Some experts consider it to be better correlated with phosphorus uptake and plant growth. However, most countries use a neutral normal ammonium citrate solution for extracting citrate soluble phosphorus.
- Potential ExposureIt is used to make pharmaceuticals; rust-proofing compounds and plasticizers; as a food additive; stabilizing agent.
- ShippingUN3077 Environmentally hazardous substances, solid, n.o.s., Hazard class: 9; Labels: 9-Miscellaneous hazardous material, Technical Name Required.
- IncompatibilitiesContact with strong caustics causes the release of ammonia gas.
- Waste DisposalMay be flushed to sewer with large volumes of water.
Ammonium citrate tribasic Preparation Products And Raw materials
- DIGUANIDINIUM HYDROGENCITRATE H2O Ranitidinebismuthcitrate 1,3-Benzodioxole-5-methanamine, N-(1-methylethyl)-, 2-hydroxy-1,2,3-pr opanetricarboxylate (3:1) DIETHYLCARBAMAZINE CITRATE Ammonium citrate tribasic GUANIDINIUM CITRATE TRIPELENNAMINE CITRATE TETRODOTOXIN CITRATE PIPERAZINE CITRATE CAFFEINE CITRATED TRIZMA CITRATE TRIBASIC PIPERAZINE CITRATE HYDRATE CIZOLIRTINE CITRATE,ETHANAMINE, N,N-DIMETHYL-2-[(1-METHYL-1H-PYRAZOL-5-YL)PHENYLMETHOXY]-, 2-HYDROXY-1,2,3-PROPANETRICARBOXYLATE Sildenafil CHOLINE CITRATE 5-[2-(DIETHYLAMINO)ETHYL]-3-PHENYL-1,2,4-OXADIAZOLE CITRATE SALT CHOLINE CITRATE Mosapride citrate
Ammonium citrate tribasicSupplierMore
- Company Name:Jiangsu Kolod Food Ingredients Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18861332158 0518-85110930-
- Company Name:Lianyungang Kexin Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:future industrial shanghai co., ltd