Eriochrome Black T
Eriochrome Black T Chemical Properties
- Density 1.109 g/mL at 25 °C
- Flash point:185 °C
- storage temp. room temp
- solubility 50g/l
- form Powder/Solid
- pkapK1:6.3;pK2:11.55 (25°C)
- Colour Index 14645
- Specific Gravity1.109
- color Brownish-black to black
- PH3.7 (10g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility 50 g/L (20 ºC)
- Merck 14,3667
- BRN 4121162
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, strong reducing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference1787-61-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemC.I. Mordant Black 11, monosodium salt (1787-61-7)
Eriochrome Black T Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesblack powder
- UsesTo dye wool from an acid bath reddish-black, which can be converted to blue-black by afterchroming. As indicator in the determination of the total calcium and magnesium content of water.
- Preparation4-Amino-3-hydroxy-7-nitronaphthalene-1-sulfonic acid diazotization, and Naphthalen-1-ol?coupling.
- Properties and Applicationsblue black. Dark brown powder. Soluble in water for bordeaux red to jam red, moderate soluble in ethanol for brown light magenta, slightly soluble in Acetone. Dye in concentrated sulfuric acid for skipper, dilution to pale red light brown; In concentrated nitric acid to orange. Dye aqueous solution to join concentrated hydrochloric acid for sauce red; Join strong caustic into brown light magenta. Mainly used for all kinds of wool fabric dyeing, also used for silk, nylon and wool and a variety of fiber blended fabric dyeing, can be in chrome pretreatment of wool fabric direct printing. Is tasted can be used for indicator, also can be used for biological and fur dyeing.
Standard Ironing Fastness Light Fastness Fulling Persperation Fastness Soaping Water Alkali Acid ISO 4-5 7 5 5 5 5 5 AATCC 4-5 7 4-5 5 5 5
- Purification MethodsThe sodium salt (200g) is converted to the free acid by stirring with 500mL of 1.5M HCl, and, after several minutes, the slurry is filtered on a sintered-glass funnel. The process is repeated and the material is air dried after washing with acid. It is then extracted with *benzene for 12hours in a Soxhlet extractor, the *benzene solution is evaporated and the residue is air dried. A further desalting with 1.5M HCl (1L) is followed by crystallisation from dimethylformamide (in which it is very soluble) by forming a saturated solution at the boiling point, and allowing to cool slowly. The crystalline dimethylammonium salt so obtained is washed with *benzene and treated repeatedly with dilute HCl to give the insoluble free acid which, after air drying, is dissolved in alcohol, filtered and evaporated. The final material is air dried, then dried in a vacuum desiccator over Mg(ClO4)2. The purified acid is converted to the dimethylammonium salt with Me2NH. [Diehl & Lindstrom, Anal Chem 31 414 1959]. It is an indicator in the complexometry of alkaline earth metals. [Beilstein 16 IV 429.]
Eriochrome Black T Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Sodium 4-amino-1-naphthalenesulfonate 1-NAPHTHALENETHIOL Naphthalene-1-sulfonic acid hydrate, 98% Naphthionic acid 2-NAPHTHYLAMINE-8-SULFONIC ACID ACID BLACK 24 4-Amino-benzenesulfonic acid monosodium salt 4-Aminothiophenol 1-Naphthalenesulfonic acid Nitrosobenzene BLACKBERRY Mordant Red 19 BLACKEYEDPEAS Acid Black 26 CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III Acid Black ATT Black ERIOCHROME BLACK A
Eriochrome Black TSupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Beijing dtftchem Technology Co., Ltd.