ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Biochemical Reagents > Biological Dyes > Mordant Black 17
Mordant Black 17
Mordant Black 17 Chemical Properties
- storage temp. Store at +5°C to +30°C.
- solubility 20g/l
- form Powder
- Colour Index 15705
- color Dark brown to black
- PH9.4 (10g/l, H2O, 25℃)
- Water Solubility 20 g/L (20 ºC)
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference2538-85-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System1-Naphthalenesulfonic acid, 3-hydroxy-4-[(2-hydroxy-1-naphthalenyl)azo]-, monosodium salt (2538-85-4)
Mordant Black 17 Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesdark brown to purple powder
- Preparation4-Amino-3-hydroxynaphthalene-1-sulfonic acid diazotization, and Naphthalen-2-ol coupling.
- Properties and Applicationsdark red light navy blue to black. Dark brown powder. Soluble in water for wine red to purplish red, in the water solubility is 50 g/l (80 ℃), soluble in Cellosolve, slightly soluble in ethanol and Acetone, insoluble in other organic solvent. In concentrated sulfuric acid for blue, dilution after pale red light brown, precipitation, In concentrated nitric acid for yellow; In 10% of sodium hydroxide solution to red. Its aqueous solution to join concentrated hydrochloric acid into olive yellow brown, precipitation, Add people concentrated sodium hydroxide solution into purple black. Dyeing encounter copper ion colour and lustre more red, can’t and iron ion contact. Mainly used for wool fabric and silk and nylon after chrome dyeing, but also can be used for wool and a variety of fiber blended fabric dyeing. Can be in acetic acid chromium pretreatment of wool fabric direct printing, also can be used for leather and biological dyeing. Is tasted can be used for indicator.
Standard Ironing Fastness Light Fastness Fulling Persperation Fastness Soaping Water Alkali Acid ISO 4-5 7-8 5 3-4 5 5 5 AATCC 4-5 6 4-5 4-5 5 5
- Purification MethodsFree it from metallic impurities by three precipitations from aqueous solution by addition of HCl. The precipitated dye is dried at 60o under vacuum and converted into the Na salt with the calculated amount of alkali. It is an indicator in the complexometry of Al, Fe and Zr. [Beilstein 16 H 297, 16 IV 428.]
Mordant Black 17 Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Sodium formate Sodium benzoate Acid Black 2 Molasses 1-Naphthalenesulfonic acid CHROMOTROPIC ACID DISODIUM SALT CANADA BALSAM 17 MORDANT BLACK 17 Sodium 2-naphthalenesulfonate 2-METHYL-2-PROPENE-1-SULFONIC ACID SODIUM SALT BUTYLNAPHTHALENESULFONIC ACID SODIUM SALT sodium 2,6-DI-TERT-BUTYLNAPHTHALENE SULFONIC ACID SODIUM SALT 2,7-Naphthalenedisulfonic acid disodium salt Acid Black ATT CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III BLACKEYEDPEAS Black
Mordant Black 17SupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:18516978288 0757-86329057-