ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Catalyst and Auxiliary > Plastic rubber chemicals > Plasticizers > Diisononyl phthalate
Diisononyl phthalate Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:279-287 °C
- Density 0.972 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor pressure 1 mm Hg ( 200 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:>230 °F
- Merck 13,3319
- EPA Substance Registry SystemDi(C8-10, C9 rich) branched alkyl phthalates (68515-48-0)
Diisononyl phthalate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesThe empirical formula of diisononyl phthalate (DINP) is C26H42O4. The structural formula of DINP varies because the iso-alcohols used in the manufacture contain several isomers. DINP is a clear, colorless to light yellow liquid. DINP is insoluble in water, but it is soluble in organic solvents.
- UsesIts major use is as a plasticizer.
- Production MethodsDINP is manufactured by the reaction of phthalic anhydride with isononanol in the presence of an acid catalyst.
- CarcinogenicityAs stated, there have been two carcinogenesis studies in F344 rats and one in B6C3F1 mice. An increased incidence of hepatocellular neoplasms (i.e., adenomas and carcinomas) is observed in both rats and mice. An increased incidence of renal cell carcinomas and mononuclear cell leukemia has also been described. These studies establish that at dose levels of approximately 600 mg/kg/day, DINP can induce hepatocellular carcinoma in rats and mice. As there was evidence of peroxisomal proliferation at the carcinogenic doses in both species, it seems most likely that this was the mechanism for hepatocellular carcinoma induction. The renal cell carcinomas observed in the male rats were associated with the induction of α 2u-globulin, indicating that it was a sex- and species-specific effect. Kidney tumors that are the consequence of α 2u-globulin induction are not considered to be clinically relevant to humans.MNCL is a tumor type that occurs spontaneously at a high and variable frequency in F344 rats. Because there is no human equivalent, MNCL is not considered to be relevant to humans.
Diisononyl phthalate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- BIS(3,5,5-TRIMETHYLHEXYL) PHTHALATE Phthalic acid Diisononyl phthalate,Diisononyl Phthalate (mixture of branched chain isomers) BIS(3,5,5-TRIMETHYLHEXYL) PHTHALATE Didecyl phthalate 1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid di-C9-11-branched alkyl esters C10-rich Dinonyl phthalate DI-N-HEXYL PHTHALATE Dicyclohexyl phthalate Tetradecyldimethylbenzylammonium chloride Di-iso-amyl phthalate Benzyl butyl phthalate Dibutyl phthalate Dimethyl phthalate Benzyl benzoate Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate Ascoric Acid Ethyl 2-(Chlorosulfonyl)acetate
- Company Name:Ji' nan anying trading co., ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-