ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Catalyst and Auxiliary > Plastic rubber chemicals > Plasticizers > 1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid di-C9-11-branched alkyl esters C10-rich
1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid di-C9-11-branched alkyl esters C10-rich
- Product Name:1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid di-C9-11-branched alkyl esters C10-rich
- Mol File:68515-49-1.mol
1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid di-C9-11-branched alkyl esters C10-rich Chemical Properties
- Density 0.965 g/mL at 20 °C(lit.)
- refractive index n
- CAS DataBase Reference68515-49-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemC10-Rich di-C9-11-branched alkyl phthalates (68515-49-1)
- WGK Germany 1
- RTECS TI1270000
1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid di-C9-11-branched alkyl esters C10-rich Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesThe empirical formula of diisodecyl phthalate (DIDP) is C28H46O4. The structural formula of DIDP varies because the iso-alcohols used in the manufacture contain several isomers. DIDPis insoluble in water, but it is soluble in organic solvents.
- UsesIt is a high-molecular-weight, general-purpose plasticizer that is added to polyvinyl chloride to impart flexibility.
- Production MethodsDIDP is manufactured by the esterification of phthalic anhydride with isodecyl alcohol in the presence of a catalyst.
- CarcinogenicityA 2-year bioassay was conducted in which DIDP was administered in the diet at concentrations of 400, 2000, and 8000 ppm to F344 rats. Rats of both sexes exhibited significant decreases in overall survival and body weights and increases in the relative weights of kidneys and liver with 8000 ppm of DIDP. No treatment-related neoplastic lesions were observed in the internal organs, including the liver. In addition, measurement of catalase enzyme activity, a marker for cell peroxisome proliferating activity, suggests that DIDP can induce peroxisome proliferation at an early stage (12 weeks of treatment) but fails to maintain the catalase-inducing potential by 32 weeks of treatment. An increased incidence of MNCL was observed in this study, butMNCLis a common neoplasm in F344 rats; the observed increased incidence is likely to be a species-specific effect with little or no relevance to humans. Therefore, DIDP was not considered to be carcinogenic at doses up to 8000 ppm in rats.
1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid di-C9-11-branched alkyl esters C10-rich(68515-49-1)Related Product Information
- Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate Dibutyl phthalate Bisphenol A Diisononyl phthalate Diisobutyl phthalate Diisononyl phthalate Polyethylene Styrene Benzyl butyl phthalate 1-Methoxy-2-propyl acetate Cesium sulfate Rubidium chloride Potassium oleate Diisodecyl Phthalate (mixture of branched chain isomers) JAYFLEX? DIDP PLASTICIZER Phthalic acid
1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid di-C9-11-branched alkyl esters C10-richSupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Shanghai Meishui Chemical Technology Co., Ltd
- Tel:021-60549325 18616193163
- Company Name:Shanghai Worldyang Chemical Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Hubei Jusheng Technology Co.,Ltd
- Tel:18871490274 027-59599241-
- Company Name:Shandong XiYa Chemical Industry Co., Ltd