Dichloromethylphenylsilane Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-53°C
- Boiling point:205 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.176 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:181 °F
- storage temp. Store below +30°C.
- form liquid
- Specific Gravity1.187
- color colorless
- explosive limit0.2-8.6%(V)
- Water Solubility reacts
- Sensitive Moisture Sensitive
- Hydrolytic Sensitivity8: reacts rapidly with moisture, water, protic solvents
- BRN 970975
- CAS DataBase Reference149-74-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceSilane, dichloromethylphenyl-(149-74-6)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemDichloromethylphenylsilane (149-74-6)
Dichloromethylphenylsilane Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesCLEAR COLOURLESS LIQUID
- Chemical PropertiesDichloromethylphenylsilane is a flammable, colorless liquid.
- UsesManufacture of silicones.
- General DescriptionA colorless liquid. Insoluble in water and denser than water. Flash point between 70-140°F. Corrosive to skin and eyes and may be toxic by inhalation and skin absorption. Used to make other chemicals.
- Reactivity ProfileChlorosilanes, such as Dichloromethylphenylsilane, are compounds in which silicon is bonded to from one to four chlorine atoms with other bonds to hydrogen and/or alkyl groups. Chlorosilanes react with water, moist air, or steam to produce heat and toxic, corrosive fumes of hydrogen chloride. They may also produce flammable gaseous H2. They can serve as chlorination agents. Chlorosilanes react vigorously with both organic and inorganic acids and with bases to generate toxic or flammable gases.
- HazardFlammable, moderate fire risk, reactsstrongly with oxidizing materials. Irritant.
- Health HazardThe chemical is toxic and is an irritant. Contact may cause burns to the skin and eyes.
- Fire HazardWhen heated to decomposition, Dichloromethylphenylsilane emits toxic fumes of chlorine-containing compounds. Flammable/combustible material; may be ignited by heat, sparks, or flames. Vapors may travel to a source of ignition and flash back. Container may explode in heat of fire. Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers. Runoff to sewer may create fire or explosion hazard. Fire may produce irritating or poisonous gases. Reacts strongly with oxidizing materials.
- Safety ProfilePoison by inhalation, subcutaneous, and intraperitoneal routes. Corrosive to eyes, skin, and mucous membranes. Flammable liquid. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of Cl-. See also CHLOROSILANES.
- Potential ExposureUsed in the manufacture of silicones; and as a chemical intermediate for silicone fluids, resins, and elastomers
- ShippingUN2437 Methylphenyldichlorosilane, Hazard class: 8; Labels: 8-Corrosive material
- Purification MethodsMethylphenyl dichlorosilane (dichloro methyl phenylsilane) [149-74-6] M 191.1, b 114 -115o/50mm, 202-205o/atm, d 4 1.17. Purify it by fractionation using an efficient column. It hydrolyses ca ten times more slowly than methyltrichlorosilane and ca sixty times more slowly than phenyltrichlorosilane. [Shaffer & Flanigen J Phys Chem 61 1591 1957, Beilstein 16 III 1211, 16 IV 1517.]
- IncompatibilitiesIncompatible with oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.); contact may cause fires or explosions. Keep away from alkaline materials, strong bases, strong acids, oxoacids, and epoxides. Chlorosilanes react vigorously with bases and both organic and inorganic acids generating toxic and/or flammable gases. Chlorosilanes react with water, moist air, or steam to produce heat and toxic, corrosive fumes of hydrogen chloride. They may also produce flammable gaseous hydrogen. Contact with ammonia may form a self-igniting material. Attacks some metals in the presence of moisture
Dichloromethylphenylsilane Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsDimethoxymethylphenylsilane
- tert-Butylchlorodiphenylsilane Phenyltriethoxysilane ALLYLPHENYLDICHLOROSILANE CHLOROPHENYLMETHYLDICHLOROSILANE PHENYL(3-CHLOROPROPYL)DICHLOROSILANE VINYLPHENYLDICHLOROSILANE DI-P-TOLYLDICHLOROSILANE P-TOLYLMETHYLDICHLOROSILANE 3-CYANOPROPYLPHENYLDICHLOROSILANE Ethylphenyldichlorosilane TERT-BUTYLPHENYLDICHLOROSILANE Dichloromethylphenylsilane Dichlorosilane PHENYLDICHLOROSILANE Dichlorodiphenylsilane Diphenylsilane Dichlorodimethylsilane Dichloromethylvinylsilane
- Company Name:Dalian Yuanyong Organosilicon Plant Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390