ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Nervous system drugs > Antidepressants, Antimanics drugs > Citalopram
Citalopram Chemical Properties
- RIDADR 3249
- HazardClass 6.1(b)
- PackingGroup III
Citalopram Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionCitalopram is a specific serotonin-uptake inhibitor useful in the treatment of depression. In endogenous depression citalopram was reported to be as effective as amitriptyline and mianserin, while being inferior to clomipramine in both endogenous and non-endogenous depression.
- OriginatorLundbeck (Denmark)
- Usesantidepressant monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOIs)
- DefinitionChEBI: A nitrile that is 1,3-dihydro-2-benzofuran-5-carbonitrile in which one of the hydrogens at position 1 is replaced by a p-fluorophenyl group, while the other is replaced by a 3-(dimethylamino)propyl group.
- brand nameCipramil
- Biological FunctionsCitalopram (Celexa) has an elimination half-life of 35 hours and is 80% bound to plasma proteins. Of all of the SSRIs it has the least effect on the cytochrome P450 system and has the most favorable profile regarding drug–drug interactions.
- General DescriptionCitalopram (Celexa) is a racemic mixture and is very SERTselective. The N-monodemethylated compound is slightlyless potent but is as selective. The aryl substituents are importantfor activity. The ether function is important andprobably interacts with the protonated amino group to givea suitable shape for SERT binding.
- Biological ActivityHighly selective and potent 5-HT uptake inhibitor with no effect on noradrenalin or dopamine uptake (IC 50 values are 1.8, 8800 and 41000 nM respectively). Has negligible activity at a wide range of receptors and is clinically used as an antidepressant. Also available as part of the Serotonin Uptake Inhibitor Tocriset™ .
Citalopram Preparation Products And Raw materials
- CITALOPRAM HBR,(+/-)-CITALOPRAM HYDROBROMIDE,CITALOPRAM HYDROBROMIDE,Citalopram-D4Br,CITALOPRAM BROMOHYDRATE,Citalopram Hydrobromide Tablets Diphenyldimethoxysilane CITALOPRAM-D6 CITALOPRAM, [N-METHYL-3H]- N-TRIFLUOROACETODESMETHYLCITALOPRAM [3H]CITALOPRAM N-Trifluoroacetodesmethylcitalopram-D3 (R)-(-)-CITALOPRAM citalopram hydrochloride (S)-(+)-CITALOPRAM OXALATE (R)-Citalopram Oxalate (S)-(+)-CITALOPRAM-D4 OXALATE CITALOPRAM-D4 S-(+)-N-TRIFLUOROACETODESMETHYLCITALOPRAM Citalopram 4-Dimethylaminopyridine 2-Dimethylaminoethanol 2,6-Dimethyl-7-octen-2-ol
- Company Name:Chengdu Gelingsu Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18508196360 QQ：1355086427
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:LGM Pharma
- Company Name:Nanjing Chemlin Chemical Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Artis Chemistry (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.