Tea polyphenol Chemical Properties
- storage temp. -20°C
- WGK Germany 3
- HS Code 2101200040
Tea polyphenol Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionThe phenolic compounds in tea (tea polyphenols) are also known as catechins. In green tea, the four major catechins are (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) and its derivatives including (-)-epigallocatechin (EGC), (-)-epicatechin gallate (ECG), and (-)-epicatechin (EC). EGCG takes around 50-80% of the total catechin in green tea and it has been shown to be responsible for much of the health promoting ability of green tea.
Tea polyphenols exhibit anti-carcinogenic, anti-oxidative, anti-allergic, antiviral, anti-hypertensive, anti-atherosclerosis, anti-cardiovascular disease and anti-hypercholesterolemic activities. EGCG has shown to inhibit hepatitis C virus entry and carcinogenesis. Studies suggest that tea polyphenols may help treat health conditions including atherosclerosis, high cholesterol, and cancers including bladder cancer, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, colorectal cancer, esophageal cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer, skin cancer, and stomach cancer. Tea polyphenols could be helpful in treating inflammatory diseases.
- References N. Khan, H. Mukhtar (2011) Tea polyphenols for health promotion, Life Sci., 81, 519-533
 S. Ciesek, T. von Hahn, CC. Colpitts, LM. Schang, M. Friesland, J. Steinmann, MP. Manns, M. Otto, H. Wedemeyer, P. Meuleman, T. Pietschmann, E. Steinmann (2011) The green tea polyphenol, epigallocatechin-3-gallate, inhibits hepatitis C virus entry, Hepatology, 54, 1947-1955
- Chemical PropertiesGreen tea extract is prepared from natural dried leaves of the tea plant. Black tea is oxidized green tea. Both have been used for thousands of years in Asia as a beverage and medicine. Green tea extract is a bioflavonoid-rich, potent extract, which is used primarily for quenching free radicals. The absolute is prepared by alcoholic extraction of the concrete, or it is sometimes co-distilled from the concrete. The distilled products are viscous, amber-colored liquids with a rich, delicate, sweet, woody, herbaceous odor. Also see Tea.
- Usesgreen tea extract (Camellia sinensis L.) is a powerful anti-oxidant because of its catechin content, it is also known to be an antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and a stimulant. In clinical studies, green tea demonstrates an ability to prevent or at least postpone the onset of such illnesses as cancer and heart disease. This is attributed to the catechin component’s ability to penetrate into a cell, thereby protecting the cell from free radicals and associated damage. Because of its anti-oxidant properties, green tea is usually incorporated into anti-aging formulations. When applied topically, it can also reduce skin swelling. In addition, it can be found in sunscreens, given its ability to extend the product’s SPF. The extract and its associated catechins can be obtained from both the plant and its dried leaves. other constituents of green tea include caffeine and phenolic acids.
- Aroma threshold valuesAroma characteristics in 100% ethanol for black tea distillate light: dry leafy, fresh brewed tea with hints of green, floral and hay. Aroma characteristics in 100% ethanol for black tea distillate brewed: characteristic dry leafy, floral, herbal, green, woody brown notes, slightly clooked fruity nuance
- Taste threshold valuesTaste characteristics at 0.05%: sweet, refreshing and tea-like with an herbal and hay-like nuance and an astringent tannin afternote. Taste characteristics at 80 to 200 ppm for black tea distillate light: fresh brewed tea, delicate, green leafy, slightly bitter and astringent with a slight floral nuance. Taste characteristics at 100 to 200 ppm for black tea distillate brewed: strong black tea-like with green leafy, floral and fruity nuances. Slightly astringent with a tea aftertaste.
Tea polyphenol Preparation Products And Raw materials
- N/A NA Cianidanol PHENYLSELENOL Ethyl isocyanoacetate Tosylmethyl isocyanide 2,4-PENTANEDIONE, SILVER DERIVATIVE N-BUTYLISOCYANIDE TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)EUROPIUM(III) BENZYL ISOCYANIDE METHYL ISOCYANOACETATE DICHLORO(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)PLATINUM(II) 1,1,3,3-TETRAMETHYLBUTYL ISOCYANIDE Tea polyphenol Grape Seed Extract ISATIDS TEA EXTRACT white tea extract
- Company Name:Hebei chuangzhiyuan biotechnology co., LTD Gold
- Tel:13012111162 13012111162
- Company Name:future industrial shanghai co., ltd
- Company Name:JinYan Chemicals(ShangHai) Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Nanjing Chemlin Chemical Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Chengdu XiYa Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.