Cianidanol Chemical Properties
- Melting point:175-177 °C (anhydrous)(lit.)
- alpha D18 +16 to +18.4°
- Boiling point:352.36°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.2451 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.4359 (estimate)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form neat
- Merck 14,1902
- CAS DataBase Reference154-23-4
- EPA Substance Registry System2H-1-Benzopyran-3,5,7-triol, 2-(3,4-dihydroxyphenyl)-3,4-dihydro-, (2R,3S)- (154-23-4)
Cianidanol Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesTan Solid
- Usesprocollagen production inhibitoe, hepatoprotectant
- Uses(+)-Catechin is a flavonoid found primarily in higher woody plants as (+)-Catechin along with (-)-Epicatechin (cis form). Antidiarrheal.
- UsesLabelled (+)-Catechin (C217500). (+)-Catechin is a flavonoid found primarily in higher woody plants as (+)-Catechin along with (-)-Epicatechin (cis form). Antidiarrheal.
- UsesCianidanol, also known as (+)-catechin; (+)-3,3′4′,5,7-flavanepentol; 3,3′,4′, 5,7-pentahydroxyflavane, [R,3S]-2-[3,4-dihydroxyphenyl]-3,4-dihydro-1[2H]- benzopyran-3,4,7-triol, or 2-(3,4-dihydroxyphenyl)-3,4-dihydro-(2r-trans)-2h- 1-benzopyran-7-triol, is a flavonoid associated with a variety of blood disorders. An association of cianidanol and immune hemolytic anemia and thrombocytopenia has been suggested in numerous case reports. In several reports, the presence of flavonoid-dependent antibodies against red blood cells is evident with cianidanol combining with erythrocyte membranes and inducing development of autoantibodies and antibodies.Several patients had platelet antibodies with increased serum-bindable IgG values without the presence of cianidanol and several with high platelet-associated IgG levels.Antibodies against cianidanol were not detectable in certain cases.The hemolytic anemia caused acute renal failure in some patients and can be life threatening, leading to fatalities. Upon cessation of treatment with cianidanol, hematology appears to return to normal over time.
These side effects do not appear to be specific to cianidanol as the formation of IgE and IgG antibodies to troxerutin (Venoruton) and silymarin (Kegalon) was also evident with patients presenting with fever, skin eruptions, and intravascular hemolysis often demonstrating high IgG titers.Furthermore, cianidanol-induced hemolysis might also occur after sensitization by other flavonoids including rutin.
- DefinitionChEBI: The (+)-enantiomer of catechin and a polyphenolic antioxidant plant metabolite.
- brand nameAusoliver;Cirramina;Transepar.
- World Health Organization (WHO)Cianidanol, which is extracted from the tropical plant Uncaria gambir, was introduced in 1976 as an adjunct in the treatment of liver disorders. Following a cluster of cases of haemolytic anaemia reported in 1985 from Naples, Italy, four of which were fatal, the company suspended sales worldwide. Although subsequently reintroduced in Switzerland and France for the treatment of acute and chronic hepatitis-B, it was later definitively withdrawn in Switzerland on detailed reassessment and the manufacturer has now withdrawn the product worldwide.
Cianidanol Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsCACAO PIGMENT
- Tea polyphenol Procyanidin Silicristin CATECHIN-(4ALPHA->6)-CATECHIN AKOS NCG1-0054 TAXIFOLIN 7-O-ALPHA-L RHAMNOSIDE (+/-)-Catechin hydrate Silibinin (+)-TAXIFOLIN Dihydromyricetin CATECHIN-(4ALPHA->)-CATECHIN-(4ALPHA->8)-CATECHIN 2-Phenylphenol (-)-Epigallocatechin Phenylacetone benzopyran Tetrahydro-4H-pyran-4-one Hydroxy silicone oil Pyrocatechol
- Company Name:Raw material medicin reagent co.,Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Beijing Jin Ming Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:15801484223 010-60605840-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801