Cetirizine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:110-115°C
- Boiling point:542.1±45.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.237±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- Water Solubility 101 mg/L
- CAS DataBase Reference83881-51-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemAcetic acid, 2-[2-[4-[(4-chlorophenyl)phenylmethyl]-1-piperazinyl]ethoxy]- (83881-51-0)
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS AG0977500
Cetirizine Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertieswhite, crystalline powder
- UsesCetirizine is a metabolite of the first-generation H1 antihistamine hydroxyzine. A reduced dosage (5 mg daily) is recommended in patients with chronic renal or hepatic impairment. Sedative side effects increase with dosages of cetirizine >10 mg per day.
- DefinitionChEBI: A member of the class of piperazines that is piperazine in which the hydrogens attached to nitrogen are replaced by a (4-chlorophenyl)(phenyl)methyl and a 2-(carboxymethoxy)ethyl group respectively.
- brand nameZyrtec (Pfizer).
- General DescriptionCetirizine, (±)-[2-[4-[(4-chlorophenyl)phenylmethyl]- 1-piperazinyl]ethoxy]acetic acid (Zyrtec), is a racemic compound available as a white crystalline powder that is water soluble. Cetirizine is the primary acid metabolite of hydroxyzine, resulting from complete oxidation of the primary alcohol moiety. This compound is zwitterionic and relatively polar and thus does not penetrate or accumulate in the CNS. Before its introduction in the United States, cetirizine was one of the most widely prescribed H1-antihistamines in Europe.
Cetirizine is indicated for the temporary relief of runny nose, sneezing, itching of the nose or throat, and/or itchy, watery eyes caused by hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies. It also relieves itching caused by hives (urticaria), but it will not prevent hives or an allergic skin reaction from occurring.
- Clinical UseCetirizine, the acid metabolite from oxidation of the primary alcohol of the antihistamine hydroxyzine, is a widely used antihistamine. It has a long duration of action and is highly selective for H1 receptors. No cardiotoxicity has been reported, but some drowsiness occurs.
Cetirizine Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsEthoxyacetic acid
- Loratadine Ebastine CETIRIZINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE IMP. D (EP): BIS-[(4-CHLOROPHENYL)PHENYLMETHYL]PIPERAZINE MM(CRM STANDARD) CETIRIZINE-D8 LEVOCETRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE CETIRIZINE N-OXIDE Cetirizine-D8 N-Oxide (S)-Cetirizine Cetirizine Silicone oil (high temperature) Methylparaben Pivalic acid CETIRIZINE HCL,CETIRIZINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE,CETIRIZINE 2HCL,CETIRIZINE DI HCL,CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE Triphenyltin acetate Methyl 2,2-dimethylphenylacetate Dimethylbenzylcarbinyl acetate Chlorodimethylphenylsilane Levoceitrizine Hcl
- Company Name:Raw material medicin reagent co.,Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Chengdu Saint - Kay Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Fan De(Beijing) Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Nanjing Chemlin Chemical Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Syntechem Co.,Ltd
- Tel:Please Email