Basic information Stability and Reactivity: HUMAN USE AND EXPERIENCE Metabolism/Pharmacokinetics Safety Related Supplier
Sodium chloroacetate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:199 °C (dec.)(lit.)
- Flash point:270°C
- storage temp. -20°C
- solubility 820g/l
- form Crystalline Powder
- color White
- PH4.5-9.0 (50g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility 440 g/L (20 ºC)
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- Merck 14,2112
- BRN 3597157
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference3926-62-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemSodium chloroacetate (3926-62-3)
Sodium chloroacetate Usage And Synthesis
- Stability and Reactivity:Sodium chloroacetate is stable at normal temperatures and pressures. Incompatible with oxidizing agents, reducing agents.
- HUMAN USE AND EXPERIENCEThere are a number of case studies of the parent compound, monochloroacetic acid (MCA), involving corrosion of skin and eyes and fatalities related to skin absorption of toxicologically significant amounts of MCA and a health-based target concentration of 0.1 mg/L was calculated for MCA in drinking water although Health Canada and Environment Canada have categorized MCA as not entering the environment at levels that may be hazardous to human health. There are, however, no similar data or epidemiological reports for sodium chloroacetate.
- Metabolism/PharmacokineticsAfter absorption, monochloroacetic acid (parent compound CAS 79-11-8) is converted to thiodiacetic acid and glycolic acid and is accumulated in the liver and kidneys of rats.Metabolism of sodium monochloroacetate is expected to have a similar pharmacokinetic profile.
- Chemical PropertiesSodium chloroacetate is a white crystalline powder. It is soluble in water. It may be toxic ingestion or inhalation.
Sodium chloroacetate is a reactive and toxic material, so it is hydrolyzed to glycolic acid nearly quantitatively at the end of the production cycle. Chloroacetic acid always contains traces of dichloroacetic acid, a toxic and unreactive material that appears on the California Prop.65 list.
- UsesSodium chloroacetate is the sodium salt of chloroacetic acid. It is used to prepare weed killers, dyes, vitamins and active pharmaceutical ingredients. It is also used as an odor agent, surface active agent and viscosity adjustor. Sodium dihydroxyethyltallow glycinate is the condensation product of dihydroxyethyl tallow amine and sodiumchloroacetate.It is used as a thickeningagent and asurfactant.
- General DescriptionChloroacetic acid sodium salt is a white colored powdered solid. Chloroacetic acid sodium salt is soluble in water.Chloroacetic acid sodium salt may be toxic ingestion or inhalation. Sodium chloroacetate is used as a contact herbicide and a component in other herbicides, an intermediate in the production of carboxymethyl-cellulose, and other synthetic organic chemicals.
- Air & Water ReactionsChloroacetic acid sodium salt is soluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileSalts, basic, such as Chloroacetic acid sodium salt, are generally soluble in water. The resulting solutions contain moderate concentrations of hydroxide ions and have pH's greater than 7.0. They react as bases to neutralize acids. These neutralizations generate heat, but less or far less than is generated by neutralization of the bases in reactivity group 10 (Bases) and the neutralization of amines. They usually do not react as either oxidizing agents or reducing agents but such behavior is not impossible.
- Health HazardHighly toxic, may be fatal if inhaled, swallowed or absorbed through skin. Avoid any skin contact. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed. Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may be corrosive and/or toxic and cause pollution.
- Fire HazardNon-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes. Containers may explode when heated. Runoff may pollute waterways.
- Safety ProfilePoison by ingestion and intraperitoneal routes. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of Cland NazO. Used as an herbicide
Sodium chloroacetate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsEthyl cyanoacetateDiethyl malonateMalonic acidNitromethaneDimethyl malonateEthylenediaminetetraacetic acidCyanoacetic acidCarboxymethyl cellulose Iminodiacetic acidIsoprothiolane2,2-Dibromo-2-cyanoacetamide2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acidEpalrestatNitrilotriacetic acidCocoamidopropyl betaine2,4-Dichlorophenoxybutyric acidcocoyl coarboxy methyl imidazoline acetat XCG-CA-2 typeN-Methyliminodiacetic aciddimethyl dodecyl thioic propylene betainesodium oleyl sarcosinateBetainesulfate AECn-Butyl cyanoacetatelaurylamide carboxyamine propionate JHZ-102glyceryl ethercarboxylic acid saltcastor oil type amphoteric surfactant JHZ-103Butyl 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetateAlkyl dimethyl betaineSodium carboxyl methylstarchVat Red 41COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINECocamidopropyl betaine
- Raw materialsChloroacetic acid
- Sodium chloroacetate Chloroacetic acid Sodium acetate trihydrate SODIUM TRICHLOROACETATE CHLOROACETIC ACID, SODIUM SALT 98% Acetic acid, chloro-, sodium salt, reaction products with 4,5-dihydro-1H-imidazole-1-ethanol 2-norcoco alkyl derivs. and sodium hydroxide ALPHA,BETA-DICHLOROISOBUTYRIC ACID SODIUM SALT SODIUM CHLOROFLUOROACETATE 2,2-DICHLOROPROPIONIC ACID SODIUM SALT Sodium chlorodifluoroacetate sodium 2-chloropropionate Sodium dichloroacetate 2-Chloroacrylic acid sodium salt
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- Tel:400-620-6333 021-20337333-801
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:Beijing dtftchem Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-
- Aug 12，2021