ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Blood System Drugs > Anticoagulant and Antiplatelet Drugs > Clopidogrel
Clopidogrel Chemical Properties
- alpha D20 +51.52° (c = 1.61 in methanol)
- Boiling point:423.7±45.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.317±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- CAS DataBase Reference113665-84-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
Clopidogrel Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionClopidogrel was launched in the US as a potent inhibitor of platelet aggregation for the preventive management of secondary ischemic events, including MI, stroke and vascular deaths. Clopidogrel can be synthesized in 4 steps (including an optical resolution to the S active enantiomer) from 2-(2- ch1orophenyl)-glycine, the key step being the cyclization to thienopyridine with formaldehyde and acetic acid. Clopidogrel belongs to the original chemical class of Ticlopidine, but shows fewer side effects (in particular, bone-marrowsuppressing effects) at the dosage generally used. Like Ticlopidine, it is an Adenosine diphosphate (ADP) antagonist acting at the purinergic P2y receptor. In in vivo experiments with rabbits, Clopidogrel shows a maximal antiaggregant effect at 20mg/kg po, reducing adhesion of platelets to the vascular subendothelium ; moreover, it reduces myointimal thickening occuring after endothelial injury of rat carotid artery. Clopigrel does not affect platelet aggregation in vitro ; actually, its in vivo activity is highly dependent on hepatic metabolism. The results of a CAPRIE trial (Clopidogrel versus Aspirin in patients at risk of ischemic events) demonstrated that Clopidogrel was well tolerated and more effective than aspirin.
- OriginatorSanofi (France)
- Usesanthelmintic, antiparasitic, antimite
- UsesSertraline metabolite
- brand namePlavix (Sanofi Aventis);Plavix, Iscover.
- General DescriptionClopidogrel, methyl (+)-(S)-α-(2-chlorophenyl)-6,7-dihydrothieno[3,2-c]pyridine-5(4H)-acetate sulfate (Plavix), is useful for the preventativemanagement of secondary ischemic events, including myocardialinfarction, stroke, and vascular deaths. It may beclassified as a thienopyridine because of its heterocyclicsystem. Several agents possessing this system have beenevaluated as potential antithrombotic agents. These agentshave a unique mechanism, in that they inhibit the purinergicreceptor located on platelets. Normally, nucleotides act asagonists on these receptors, which include the P2Y type.Two P2Y receptor subtypes (P2Y1 and P2Y2) found onplatelets, when stimulated by adenosine diphosphate (ADP),cause platelet aggregation.
- Clinical UseClopidogrel acts as an antagonistto the P2Y2 receptor. It is probably a prodrug that requiresmetabolic activation, because in vitro studies do not interferewith platelet aggregation. Although platelet aggregationis not normally seen in the first 8 to 11 days after administrationto a patient, the effect lasts for several days after thedrug therapy is discontinued. Unlike other thienopyridinescurrently used, clopidogrel does not seriously reduce thenumber of white cells in the blood, and therefore, routinemonitoring of the white blood cell count is not necessaryduring treatment.
Clopidogrel Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Prasugrel TICAGRELOR Clopidogrel Tribenuron methyl Methyl methoxyacetate METHYL Α-NAPHTHYLACETATE Methyl glycolate Methyl bromoacetate Thiophanate-methyl Kresoxim-methyl Methyl Methyl salicylate Clopidogrel Bisulfate Tetrahydrothiophen-3-one Clopidogrel hydrogen sulfate,CLOPIDOGREL BISULPHATE,CLOPIDOGREL HYDROGEN SULPHATE,CLOPIDOGREL SULPHATE,CLOPIDOGREL BISULFATE Methyl cyanoacetate Methyl bromide Tetrahydrothiophene
- Company Name:Sichuan Ruibo Technology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Arden pharmaceutical &chemical Co., Ltd
- Tel:+86-(0)533-3595900 13793319233
- Company Name:Chembest Research Laboratories Limited
- Company Name:JinYan Chemicals(ShangHai) Co.,Ltd.