ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Halogenated aliphatic hydrocarbons > Methyl bromoacetate
Methyl bromoacetate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-50°C
- Boiling point:51-52 °C15 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 1.616 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor pressure 18 hPa (50 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:145 °F
- storage temp. Store at R.T.
- form Liquid
- color Clear colorless to slightly yellow
- Specific Gravity1.416
- Water Solubility Miscible with methanol, ether and acetone. Slightly miscible with water
- FreezingPoint <-50℃
- BRN 506256
- CAS DataBase Reference96-32-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceAcetic acid, bromo-, methyl ester(96-32-2)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemAcetic acid, bromo-, methyl ester (96-32-2)
Methyl bromoacetate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesColorless liquid
- UsesMethyl bromoacetate was used in the synthesis of novel coumarins. It was also employed in the synthesis of cis-cyclopropanes
- General DescriptionA colorless to straw-colored liquid with a sharp penetrating odor. Denser than water and soluble in water. Severly irritates skin and eyes. Toxic by ingestion and inhalation. Used to make vitamins and pharmaceuticals.
- Air & Water ReactionsHighly flammable. Soluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileMethyl bromoacetate is a halogenated ester. Esters react with acids to liberate heat along with alcohols and acids. Strong oxidizing acids may cause a vigorous reaction that is sufficiently exothermic to ignite the reaction products. Heat is also generated by the interaction of esters with caustic solutions. Flammable hydrogen is generated by mixing esters with alkali metals and hydrides.
- HazardVapor is strong irritant to eyes.
- Health HazardTOXIC; inhalation, ingestion or contact (skin, eyes) with vapors, dusts or substance may cause severe injury, burns or death. Bromoacetates and chloroacetates are extremely irritating/lachrymators. Reaction with water or moist air will release toxic, corrosive or flammable gases. Reaction with water may generate much heat that will increase the concentration of fumes in the air. Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may be corrosive and/or toxic and cause pollution.
- Fire HazardHIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Vapors form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors and sewers explosion hazards. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Substance will react with water (some violently) releasing flammable, toxic or corrosive gases and runoff. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated or if contaminated with water.
- Safety ProfilePoison by intravenous route. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of Br-. See also ESTERS.
Methyl bromoacetate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 1,5-Dibromopentane t-Butyl 2-bromo isobutyrate 5-Bromovaleric acid Ethyl bromoacetate tert-Butyl bromoacetate Phenyl bromoacetate Methyl bromoacetate Methyl phenoxyacetate Kresoxim-methyl Methanol Bromoacetic acid Methyl isobutyrylacetate Methyl acetate Methyl bromide Methylparaben Paraquat dichloride Acetonitrile Methyl fluoroacetate
- Company Name:Anqing PhiChem Corporation Gold
- Company Name:Nanjing Vital Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:Please Send Email QQ:18652950785
- Company Name:Kingfirst Chemical (Nanjing) Co.,Ltd Gold
- Tel:+86-025-84522992 84524602 13805186390
- Company Name:Jiaxing Deyi Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13325730825 0573-85866609-
- Company Name:Shanghai Song Yuan Chemical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18521000990 010-1234567