ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Antipyretic analgesics > Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS) > Ketoprofen
Ketoprofen Chemical Properties
- Melting point:93-96°C
- Boiling point:357.5°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.1565 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5600 (estimate)
- storage temp. 0-6°C
- solubility Slightly soluble in chloroform and methanol.
- pkapKa 5.94(MeOH/H2O) (Uncertain)
- form solid
- Water Solubility 209mg/L(room temperature)
- Merck 14,5305
- CAS DataBase Reference22071-15-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceKetoprofen(22071-15-4)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemBenzeneacetic acid, 3-benzoyl-.alpha.-methyl- (22071-15-4)
- Language:EnglishProvider:2-(3-Benzoylphenyl)propionic acid
Ketoprofen Usage And Synthesis
- Used in Particular DiseasesAcute Gouty Arthritis:
Dosage and Frequency: 75 mg four times a day
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Crystalline Solid
- UsesNatural Vitamin B12. analog
- UsesKetoprofen, a propionic acid derivative, is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agent (NSAIA) with analgesic and antipyretic properties.
- UsesAnti-inflammatory; analgesic
- DefinitionChEBI: An oxo monocarboxylic acid that consists of propionic acid substituted by a 3-benzoylphenyl group at position 2.
- IndicationsKetoprofen (Orudis) is indicated for use in rheumatoid and osteoarthritis, for mild to moderate pain, and in dysmenorrhea. The most frequently reported side effects are GI (dyspepsia, nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, and flatulence) and CNS related (headache, excitation). Edema and increased blood urea nitrogen have also been noted in more than 3% of patients. Ketoprofen can cause fluid retention and increases in plasma creatinine, particularly in the elderly and in patients taking diuretics.
- brand nameActron (Bayer); Orudis (Wyeth); Oruvail (Wyeth).
- General DescriptionKetoprofen (Orudis, Rhodis) and suprofen (Profenal) areclosely related to fenoprofen in their structures, properties,and indications. Even though ketoprofen has been approvedfor OTC use (Orudis KT, Actron), its GI side effects aresimilar to indomethacin, and therefore its useshould be closely monitored, especially in patients with GIor renal problems.
- Contact allergensKetoprofen is an anti-inflammatory drug, used both topically and systemically. It is above all a photoaller- gen, responsible for photoallergic or photo-worsened contact dermatitis, with sun-induced, progressive, severe, and durable reactions. Recurrent photosensitiv- ity is possible for many years. Photosensitivities are expected to thiophene-phenylketone derivatives such as tiaprofenic acid and suprofen, to ketoprofen esters such as piketoprofen, and to benzophenone derivatives (see above) such as fenofibrate and benzophenone-3. Concomitant photosensitivities without clinical rel- evance have been observed to fenticlor, tetrachloro- salicylanilide, triclosan, tribromsalan, and bithionol.
- Safety ProfilePoison by ingestion,subcutaneous, intravenous, rectal, and intraperitoneal routes. Human systemic effects by an unspecified route:headache, nausea or vomiting, and degenerative changesin the brain, changes in kidney tubules. An experimentalteratogen.
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsKetoprofen is labeled for use in horses for the alleviation of inflammation and pain associated with musculoskeletal disorders. Like flunixin (and other NSAIDs), ketoprofen potentially has many other uses in a variety of species and conditions. There are approved dosage forms for dogs and cats in Europe and Canada. Some consider ketoprofen to be the NSAID of choice for use short-term for analgesia in cats.
- KETOPROFEN USP(CRM STANDARD) dl-Ketoprofen-13CD3 Glucuronid,Ketoprofen-13CD3 Glucuronide,rac Ketoprofen-13CD3 Acyl-b-D-glucuronide,rac Ketoprofen-13CD3 Acyl--D-glucuronide,dl-Ketoprofen-13CD3 Glucuronide Desmethyl Ketoprofen Folic acid Phenylacetic acid 4-Methoxyphenylacetic acid Propionic anhydride 4-Hydroxyphenylacetic acid L-Ketoprofen trometamol Testosterone phenylacetate Ketoprofen Ibuprofen Ascoric Acid Ethyl 2-(Chlorosulfonyl)acetate 4-Methylphenylacetic acid m-Toluic acid 2-Hydroxyphenylacetic acid Propionic acid
- Company Name:Ereal Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18784610518 0831-6888461
- Company Name:Changzhou Bestar Industry Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Wuhan Xinru Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-