ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Analytical Chemistry > Standard > Food and beverage standards > Oleamide
Oleamide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:70°C
- Boiling point:433.3±24.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 0.94 g/cm3
- storage temp. −20°C
- form neat
- CAS DataBase Reference301-02-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference9-Octadecenamide, (z)-(301-02-0)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemOleamide (301-02-0)
Oleamide Usage And Synthesis
- Nonionic surfactantOleamide is a non-ionic surfactant and is white powder-like or flake-like at room temperature. It is nontoxic, insoluble in water and soluble in hot ethanol, ether other organic solvents. It is obtained by refinement of vegetable oil. It has special internal and external lubrication effect and is relative stable to heat, oxygen, and ultraviolet. It has various kinds of properties including anti-adhesive, slipping, leveling, waterproof, moisture-proof, anti-settling, anti-fouling, anti-static electricity and dispersion. Its effects of anti-sticking, anti-static and dispersion are very strong with no hydroscopic property. It is mainly used for high-pressure polyethylene (LDPE) film and composite film, multi-layer co-extruded film, gas-bag, super-thin film, and the slipping agent, anti-block and anti-static agent for polyvinyl chloride (PVC) calendaring film, polypropylene (PP) and curtain-coating polypropylene (CPP); it can also be used as the slipping agent and release agent of resins such as ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymer (EVA), poly-formaldehyde (POM), polycarbonate (PC), polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and polyamide (PA); it can also be used as the slipping agent and antistatic agent of PU surface treatment agent and fiber masterbatch; caking inhibiter, flatting agent, slipping brightening agent of plastic table printing (compound) inks and thermoplastic PE powder; the lubricant and dispersant of pigments, colorants and masterbatch; a indispensable excellent aids for functional opening, slipping masterbatch: it can also be used as metal protecting agent and the lubricants of polyolefin material.
- ErucamideErucamide is a higher fatty acid amide and is an important derivative of erucic acid and is refined from vegetable oils. It is as waxy solid with no smell and is insoluble in water. It has certain solubility in organic solvents such as ketones, esters, alcohols, ether and benzene. Since the molecular structure contains long chain and unsaturated C22 chain polar amide group, it has excellent surface polarity effect with high melting point and good thermal stability. It can be as substitutes of other similar additive for being widely applied to other plastic, rubber, printing, machinery and other industries. As the processing aid for polyethylene and polypropylene plastics, it can not only make the products be not bonded and increase lubricity, but also can reinforce the thermoplastic and heat resistance of plastics and the product is also non-toxic. Foreign country has allowed it for being applied to foreign food packaging materials. Add the erucic acid amide into the rubber can increase the gloss of the rubber products, tensile strength and elongation rate and enhance the vulcanization accelerator and abrasion resistance with particularly efficacy in preventing the effect of the sun cracks. Adding it to the ink can increase the adhesion, scratch resistance, offset resistance and dye solubility. In addition, erucic acid amide can also be used as the surface lacquer of the calendared paper, protective films of metal and the foam stabilizer of detergent.
The above information is edited by the chemicalbook of Dai Xiongfeng.
- Slippery agentAt present time, common domestic varieties include amides (oleamide and erucamide), soaps (calcium stearate) and organic silicon (silicone). Organic silicon is liquid-like and is expensive as well as being inconvenient for adding usage. There is no domestic professional manufacturer and is difficult for application. Soap products, although is cheap, but has an unsatisfactory effect. It also demands a large adding amount and generally can’t be used in moderate-grade or high-grade products. The slippery agent, oleamide and erucamide has many advantages such as affordable price and significant effect, extremely small addition amount (0.05% to 0.3%), no toxicity (certified by the FDA), wide application range and broad application prospect.
Addition of 0.05%~0.3% oleamide to the low-density polyethylene film can not only improve the antistatic property and lubricating properties, but also improve the anti-moisture performance and can significantly reduce the coefficient of friction and adhesion resistance, significantly increase the efficacy of the membrane blowing (extrusion molding) and can effectively prevent the caking between the film and the agglomeration between the pellets. It may also increase the smoothness of the film surface and prevent the dust accumulation in the surface of the product, leading to very smooth plastic products.
In the polyolefin cable material and wholly plastic communication cable material, addition of oleamide (0.05%) can reduce the friction factor from 0.7 to 0.16 while changing its coloring as well as carbon black dispersion and achieve high-speed extrusion of cable aggregate material and improve the smoothness of the inner wall in the cable jacket pipe.
Adding 2-5 oleamide to the polyamide plastic ink can improve the printing performance and lubricity of ink, enhance the water resistance and scratch resistance and anti-offset characteristic (the fouling caused due to that the ink hasn’t become dry yet) and abrasion resistance. In addition, it can also improve the malleability and adhesiveness of the ink on the printed surface, so that the imprinting is clear and has bright color.
- UsesThe purpose is as following:
1, it is the chemical additives which must been added to the low-density polyethylene (LDPE) film material.
2, it is also the modifying agent of the plastic ink.
3, it can also be used as the lubricants such as polypropylene (PP), polystyrene (GPPS), phenol (PF) resin, antistatic agents and anti-caking additives.
4, it can also be used as polyethylene, polypropylene, synthetic fibers and other color concentrates and cables (insulation) material lubricant and release agent.
5, it can also be used as the additive for polypropylene (seal) tabletting, efficient heat sheet and sealed material.
6, metal protective agent; stabilizer of the melamine tableware products; lubricants, antifreeze additives of the brake; lubricants of the coatings and dispersion stabilizer of the aluminum coating as well as oil drilling auxiliaries.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Powder
- UsesA brain lipid that induces physiological sleep at nanomolar quantities when injected into rats. This lipid may represent a new class of biological signaling molecules
- DefinitionChEBI: A fatty amide derived from oleic acid.
- Biological ActivityEndogenous sleep-inducing lipid. Acts as an agonist at the CB 1 cannabinoid receptor (EC 50 = 1.64 μ M). Also appears to potentiate the actions of 5-HT on 5-HT 2A and 2C receptors, and act via an allosteric regulatory site on 5-HT 7 receptors.
Oleamide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- (n-vanillyl)-9-oleamide,(N-Vanillyl)-9-oleamide, N-Vannilyloleoylamide N-(2-DIETHYLAMINOETHYL)-OLEAMIDE Oleamide Acrylamide Ethanol, 2,2'-iminobis-, N-coco alkyl derivs. CAO-30 OLEIC ACID-1-13C Formamide N,N'-ETHYLENEBISOLEAMIDE ODEA CHLOANTRANILIPROLE Nicotinamide Coconut oil monoethanolamide Cocoamidopropyl betaine Amides, coco Polyamide Cocoanut oil glycolamide N,N-Dimethylformamide
- Company Name:SICHUAN TIANYU OLEO CHEMICAL CO.LTD. Gold
- Tel:19915864101 830-4122443-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Nov 22，2019