ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Oxides and peroxides > Metal oxide > Digold trioxide
Digold trioxide Chemical Properties
Digold trioxide Usage And Synthesis
- General descriptionBrown powder; decomposes slowly on exposure to sunlight or by heating at 150°C; begins to release oxygen at 110°C; fully decomposes to metallic gold at 250°C; insoluble in water; soluble in hydrochloric and concentrated nitric acids; also soluble in aqueous solutions of sodiumor potassium cyanide.
- PreparationGold(III) oxide is prepared by heating gold(III) hydroxide, Au(OH)3 at 130 to 140°C:
- Chemical PropertiesBrownish-black powder, decomposed by heat.Keep in dark bottle. Soluble in hydrochloric acid; insoluble in water.
- UsesGold plating
- Purification MethodsThe most probable impurities are SO4and Cl-ions. Dissolve it in strong boiling KOH solution (ca 5M) and precipitate (care) with excess of 3N H2SO4. Then shake and centrifuge, resuspend in H2O and repeat the washing several times until free from SO4 and Cl ions. This gives a wet oxide which is dried in air, but decomposes to free gold in sunlight. It is advisable to keep it wet as it decomposes on drying (analyse wet sample). Store it away from light in the presence of H2O vapour. It evolves O2 at 110o. It is insoluble in H2O but soluble in HCl and conc HNO3. [Roseveare & Buehrer J Am Chem Soc 49 1221 1927.]
- Silver oxide RHENIUM(IV) OXIDE Platinum(IV) oxide Gadolinium oxide Tetraterbium heptaoxide Titanium dioxide Tantalum pentoxide Neodymium oxide Palladium(II) oxide Praseodymium oxide Rhodium oxide Ruthenium dioxide RHENIUM(VII) OXIDE RHODIUM (IV) OXIDE Indium(III) oxide Terbium oxide Strontium oxide Aluminum oxide
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:18516978288 0757-86329057-
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-