ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Circulatory system drugs > Antihypertensive drugs > Lisinopril
Lisinopril Chemical Properties
- Melting point:148 °C
- alpha 25405 -120° (c = 1 in 0.25M pH 6.4 zinc acetate); 25436 -96° (c = 1 in 0.25M pH 6.4 zinc acetate)
- refractive index -45 ° (C=1, 0.25mol/L Zinc Acetate Buffer)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility H2O: ≥10 mg/mL
- form solid
- pka2.5, 4.0, 6.7, 10.1(at 25℃)
- color white
- Merck 14,5516
- CAS DataBase Reference83915-83-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemL-Proline, N2-[(1S)-1-carboxy-3-phenylpropyl]-L-lysyl-, hydrate (1:2) (83915-83-7)
Lisinopril Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionLisinopril is an angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor structurally related to enalaprilat. It is reportedly useful in the management of hypertension and congestive heart failure.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite to Off-White Crystalline Powder
- OriginatorMerck (USA)
- UsesAn orally active angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. S,S,S-Isomer of Lisinopril
- brand namePrinivil (Merck); Zestril (AstraZeneca).
- General DescriptionLisinopril, 1-[N2-[S-1-carboxy-3-phenylpropyl]-L-lysyl]-L-proline dihydrate (Prinivil, Zestril), is alysine derivative of enalaprilat, the active metabolite ofenalapril. Like all ACE inhibitors, it is an active site-directedinhibitor of the enzyme, with the zinc ion used in an effectivebinding interaction at a stoichiometric ratio of 1:1. The pharmacologicaleffects of lisinopril are similar to those of captopriland enalapril.
- Clinical UseMany new ACE inhibitors became available for the treatmentof hypertension following the clinical effectivenessof enalapril. Enalapril is a non–thiol-containing ACE inhibitordevoid of the side effects of rash and loss of thesense of taste characteristic of the thiol-containing compoundcaptopril. With the exception of the phosphoruscontainingfosinopril, these antihypertensive agents havea 2-, like the prototypical drug captopril,are used in the treatment of mild-to-moderate hypertension,either alone or in conjunction with diuretics orcalcium channel blockers.
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsThe principle uses of lisinopril in veterinary medicine at present are
as a vasodilator
in the treatment of heart failure or hypertension.
Recent studies have demonstrated that ACE inhibitors, particularly
when used in conjunction with furosemide, do improve the quality
of life in dogs with heart failure. It is not clear, however, whether it
has any significant effect
on survival times. Lisinopril may also be of
benefit in treating the effects associated with valvular heart disease
(mitral regurgitation) and left to right shunts. It is being explored
as adjunctive treatment in chronic renal failure and in protein losing
Lisinopril may have advantages over other ACE inhibitors in that it may be dosed once daily and less expensive. Disadvantages are that it is only available in human labeled dosage forms and there is much less published information on its use (efficacy, safety, dosing) in veterinary species.
Lisinopril Preparation Products And Raw materials
- LISINOPRIL-D5 N2- (1-(S)-ETHOXYCARBONYL-3-PHENYLPROPYL)-N6-TRIFLUOROACETYL-L-LYSINE-L-PROLINE (FOR LISINOPRIL) Lisinopril EP,USP LISINOPRIL DIHYDRATE IMP. B (EP) AS HYDRATE: 4-METHYLBENZENESULPHONIC ACID HYDRATE N6-TrifluoroAcetyl-L-Lysine,Lisinopril LISINOPRIL DIHYDRATE IMP. B (EP) AS HYDRATE: 4-METHYLBENZENESULPHONIC ACID HYDRATE MM(CRM STANDARD) LISINOPRIL DIKETOPIPERAZINE Lisinopril(DmfUnderDraft) Lisinopril,Lisinopril USP24,EPIII,LISINOPRIL DIHYDRATE ASSAY STANDARD BP(CRM STANDARD),LISINOPRIL DIHYDRATE EPL,LISINOPRIL DIHYDRATE BP STANDARD(CRM STANDARD),LISINOPRIL DIHYDRATE BP,LISINOPRIL DIHYDRATE EPL(CRM STANDARD),LISINOPRIL DIHYDRATE IMP. A (EP): (2RS)-2-AMINO-4-PHENYLBUTANOIC ACID MM,LISINOPRIL DIHYDRATE IMP. A (EP): (2RS)-2-AMINO-4-PHENYLBUTANOIC ACID MM(CRM STANDARD),LISINOPRIL USP(CRM STANDARD),LISINOPRIL USP,LISINOPRIL DIHYDRATE LISINOPRIL DIHYDRATE FOR PERFORMANCE TEST LISINOPRIL DIHYDRATE IMP. A (EP): (2RS)-2-AMINO-4-PHENYLBUTANOIC ACID LISINOPRIL ESTER,LISINOPRIL (ETHYL) ESTER Lisinopril D-Proline FOROXYMITHINE DL-Lysine acetylsalicylate Poly(L-lysine hydrobromide) L-Lysine hydrochloride
- Company Name:Wuhan Wsem Biological Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13419635609 027-52344626-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009