Tetramethylammonium hydroxide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:°C
- Boiling point:110 °C
- Density 0.866 g/mL at 25 °C
- vapor pressure 17.5 mm Hg ( 20 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:80 °F
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form Solution
- color APHA: ≤10
- PH>13 (H2O, 20°C)
- Water Solubility Soluble in water.
- Sensitive Air Sensitive
- Merck 14,9224
- BRN 3558708
- Stability:Stable. Flammable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, strong acids.
- CAS DataBase Reference75-59-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemTetramethylammonium hydroxide (75-59-2)
- Hazard Codes C,T,F,T+,Xn
- Risk Statements 24/25-34-20/21/22-39/23/24/25-23/24/25-10-21/22-25-21-11-67-36-52-48/24-27/28-23-35-36/38
- Safety Statements 45-36/37/39-26-16-36/37-28
- RIDADR UN 3286 3/PG 2
- WGK Germany 1
- RTECS PA0875000
- F 4.4-10-34
- TSCA Yes
- HazardClass 3
- PackingGroup II
- HS Code 29239000
Tetramethylammonium hydroxide Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionTetramethylammonium hydroxide is a solid in the hydrated form or a colorless liquid with a strong ammonia-like odor. It is soluble in water, and corrosive to metals and tissue.
- Chemical Propertiescolourless to yellow liquid
- Uses▼▲IndustryApplicationRole/benefitOrganic siliconProduction of dimethyl silicone oil, organic silicon resin, silicon rubber, etc.Catalyst/removed easily; no pollution to the productsChemical analysisPolarography experimentPolarographic reagentThermochemolysis to study fungal degradation of woodAnalytical reagentChemical purificationRemoval of metal elementsAsh free alkali/source of base; make the metal elements precipitatedElectronProduction of computer silicon chipBrightening agent; anisotropic etching agent; cleaning agent; photoresist developerPrinting of circuit boardCleaning agentSemiconductor manufacturingChemical stripperOthersSynthesis of ferrofluidSurfactant/ inhibit nanoparticle aggregationSynthesis of zeoliteStructure directing agent
- Reactivity ProfileTetramethylammonium hydroxide acts like a base. Bases are chemically similar to sodium hydroxide (NaOH) or sodium oxide (Na2O). They neutralize acids exothermically to form salts plus water. When soluble in water they give solutions having a pH greater than 7.0. Mixing these materials with water can generate troublesome amounts of heat as the base is dissolved or diluted. Bases react with certain metals (such as aluminum and zinc) to form oxides or hydroxides of the metal and generate gaseous hydrogen. Bases may initiate polymerization reactions in polymerizable organic compounds, especially epoxides). They may generate flammable and/or toxic gases with ammonium salts, nitrides, halogenated organics, various metals, peroxides, and hydroperoxides. Materials of this group often serve as catalysts.
- HazardStrong irritant to skin and tissue.
- Health HazardTOXIC; inhalation, ingestion or skin contact with material may cause severe injury or death. Contact with molten substance may cause severe burns to skin and eyes. Avoid any skin contact. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed. Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may be corrosive and/or toxic and cause pollution.
- Fire HazardCombustible material: may burn but does not ignite readily. When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors and sewers explosion hazards. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated. Runoff may pollute waterways. Substance may be transported in a molten form.
- Safety ProfilePoison by subcutaneous route. A powerful caustic. A corrosive irritant to skin, eyes, and mucous membranes. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx and NH3.
- Purification MethodsIt is freed from chloride ions by passage through an ion-exchange column (e.g. Amberlite IRA-400, prepared in its OH-form by passing 2M NaOH until the effluent is free from chloride ions, then washed with distilled H2O until neutral). A modification, to obtain carbonate-free hydroxide, uses the method of Davies and Nancollas [Nature 165 237 1950]. [Beilstein 4 IV 145.]
Tetramethylammonium hydroxide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Tetramethylammonium hydroxide10% water solution Tetramethylammonium hydroxide trihydrate Electronic Grade Tetramethylammonium Hydroxide, 25.0%( Developer TMAH ) TetramethylAmmoniumhydroxidewatersolution(25%) Ammonium nitrate Aluminum hydroxide Ammonium sulfate 2,2,6,6-Tetramethylpiperidinooxy AMMONIUM Ammonium acetate Ammonium chloride Tetraethylammonium hydroxide Tetramethylammonium hydroxide Tetrapropylammonium hydroxide Hydroxide Molybdic acid Tetramethylammonium Hydroxide-D135 D2O,Tetramethylammonium hydroxide, 10% w/w Aqueous Solution, Electronic Grade, 99.9999% (metals basis),Tetramethylammonium hydroxide pentahydrate97%,TETRAMETHYLAMMONIUM HYDROXIDE, 5-HYDRATE,TETRAMETHYLAMMONIUM HYDROXIDE PENTAHYDRATE Tetrabutylammonium hydroxide
- Company Name:Wuhan Kemi-Works Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- Tel:400-620-6333 021-20337333-801
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801