ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Amides > Acyclic polyamines and their derivatives > N,N,N',N'-Tetramethylethylenediamine
N,N,N',N'-Tetramethylethylenediamine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:−55 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:120-122 °C(lit.)
- Density 0.775 g/mL at 20 °C(lit.)
- vapor density 4 (vs air)
- vapor pressure 21 hPa (20 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:50 °F
- storage temp. Store at RT.
- solubility H2O: 10 mg/mL at 20 °C, clear, colorless
- form Liquid
- pka10.40, 8.26(at 25℃)
- Specific Gravity0.777 (20/4℃)
- color Clear colorless to slightly yellow
- OdorAmine like
- PH8.0-8.5 (0.1g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- explosive limit1-9%(V)
- Water Solubility miscible
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- Merck 14,9134
- BRN 1732991
- Stability:Stable. Highly flammable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, acids, acid chlorides, acid anhydrides, copper, mercury.
- CAS DataBase Reference110-18-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference1,2-Ethanediamine, N,N,N',N'-tetramethyl-(110-18-9)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemTetramethylethylenediamine (110-18-9)
- Hazard Codes F,C,Xi
- Risk Statements 11-20/22-34-20/21/22
- Safety Statements 16-26-36/37/39-45
- RIDADR UN 2372 3/PG 2
- WGK Germany 1
- RTECS KV7175000
- F 3-8-10-34
- Autoignition Temperature145 °C
- Hazard Note Irritant
- TSCA Yes
- HazardClass 3
- PackingGroup II
- HS Code 29212900
- Hazardous Substances Data110-18-9(Hazardous Substances Data)
N,N,N',N'-Tetramethylethylenediamine Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesColorless to slightly yellow liquid
- UsesN,N,N',N'-Tetramethylethylenediamine is used as polymerization accelerator in gel electrophoresis, solvent and oxidizing reagent.
- Usesanti-hyperlipidemic, plant growth stimulator, pathogen growth inhibitor, confers plant disease resistance
- UsesPolymerization accelerator in gel electrophoresis, solvent and oxidizing reagent.
- DefinitionChEBI: An ethylenediamine derivative in which each nitrogen carries two methyl substituents. It is widely employed both as a ligand for metal ions and as a catalyst in organic polymerisation.
- General DescriptionA water-white colored liquid with a fishlike odor. Flash point 68°F. Less dense than water. Vapors heavier than air. Used to make other chemicals.
- Air & Water ReactionsHighly flammable. Slightly soluble in water. Sensitive to heat and may be sensitive to air .
- Reactivity ProfileN,N,N',N'-Tetramethylethylenediamine neutralizes acids in exothermic reactions to form salts plus water. May be incompatible with isocyanates, halogenated organics, peroxides, phenols (acidic), epoxides, anhydrides, and acid halides. Flammable gaseous hydrogen may be generated in combination with strong reducing agents, such as hydrides.
- Health HazardMay cause toxic effects if inhaled or absorbed through skin. Inhalation or contact with material may irritate or burn skin and eyes. Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution.
- Fire HazardHIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers. Runoff to sewer may create fire or explosion hazard. Containers may explode when heated. Many liquids are lighter than water.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by ingestion. Mddly toxic by slun contact. A skin and severe eye irritant. Flammable when exposed to heat or flame; can react with oxidizing materials. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx. See also MINES.
- Purification MethodsDry TMEDA partially with molecular sieves (Linde type 4A), then distil it in a vacuum from butyl lithium. This treatment removes all traces of primary and secondary amines and water. [Hay et al. J Chem Soc, Faraday Trans 1 68 1 1972.] Or dry it with KOH pellets, reflux for 2hours with one-sixth its weight of n-butyric anhydride (to remove primary and secondary amines) and fractionally distil it. Reflux it with fresh KOH, and distil it under nitrogen. [Cram & Wilson J Am Chem Soc 85 1245 1963.] It was also distilled from Na. Store it sealed under N2. The dipicrate has m 263o(dec). [Beilstein 4 H 250, 4 I 415, 4 II 690, 4 III 512, 4 IV 1172.]
N,N,N',N'-Tetramethylethylenediamine Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation Products1,1'-DIMETHYLFERROCENE1,1'-Bis (di-t-butylphosphino)ferrocene palladium dichloride, 1,1'-BIS(DI-TERT-BUTYLPHOSPHINO)FERROCENE1,1'-Bis(diphenylphosphino)ferrocene5-AMINO-2-METHOXY-ISONICOTINIC ACID2-MORPHOLINO-5-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)BENZALDEHYDE5-AMINO-2-CHLOROPYRIDINE-4-CARBOXYLIC ACIDDimethylbisdiphenylphosphinoxanthene5-(METHYLTHIO)THIOPHENE-2-CARBOXYLIC ACID2-(TRIFLUOROMETHOXY)BENZAMIDE5-ETHYL-2-FURALDEHYDE5-AMINO-2-FLUORO-ISONICOTINIC ACIDN-(4-FORMYL-PYRIDIN-3-YL)-2,2-DIMETHYL-PROPIONAMIDE5-[(TERT-BUTOXYCARBONYL)AMINO]-2-CHLOROISONICOTINIC ACID5-ACETYL-2-THIOPHENECARBALDEHYDE2-ACETYL-3-METHYLBENZO[B]THIOPHENE2,3-DIHYDROBENZOFURAN-7-CARBOXYLIC ACID3-METHYLBENZO[B]THIOPHENE-2-CARBOXALDEHYDE(OXYDI-2,1-PHENYLENE)BIS(DIPHENYLPHOSPHINE)3-METHYLBENZO[B]THIOPHENE4,6-DIMETHYLDIBENZOTHIOPHENE1-DIPHENYLPHOSPHINO-1'-(DI-TERT-BUTYLPH&1 1'-BIS(DIPHENYLPHOSPHINO)FERROCENE2,3-Dimethoxyphenylboronic acid1,1'-FERROCENEDICARBOXALDEHYDE1,1'-BIS(DIISOPROPYLPHOSPHINO)FERROCENE
- Raw materialsFormaldehydeFormic acidEthylenediamineParaformaldehydeOxalic acid dihydrate
- Tetramethylammonium bromide Tetrabutylammonium hydrogen sulfate Fluoro-N,N,N',N'-tetramethylformamidinium hexafluorophosphate Tetrabutylammonium bromide 2,2,6,6-Tetramethyl-4-piperidinol N-(2-Hydroxyethyl)ethylenediaminetriacetic acid 1,4,8,11-TETRAMETHYL-1,4,8,11-TETRAAZACYCLOTETRADECANE 1,2-Diaminopropane-N,N,N',N'-tetraacetic acid ETHYLENEDIAMINE-N,N'-DIACETIC-N,N'-DIPROPIONIC ACID N,N,N',N'-TETRAKIS(2-HYDROXYETHYL)ETHYLENEDIAMINE Actinomycin D N-METHYLETHYLENEDIAMINE HEXAFLUOROETHANE Ethylenediamine Pinacol 2-Aminoethyl(ethyl)amine N,N,N',N'-Tetramethylethylenediamine ETHANE
- Company Name:Zhangjiagang hambadu chemical co. LTD Gold
- Tel:13862226968 0512-58923008-
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- Tel:400-620-6333 021-20337333-801
- Company Name:Zhejiang Lianshuo Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Harvest Chemical Industrial Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Xinyue Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold