ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical pesticides > Herbicide > Diphenyl ether herbicides > Cinmethylin
Cinmethylin Chemical Properties
Cinmethylin Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionCinmethylinwas developed by Shell Chemical Company in the early 1980s as a weed control agent for monocotyledonous species. This herbicide controls important grasses such as green foxtail (Setaria viridis) and barnyardgrass (Echinochloa crus-galli) and suppresses the growth of several broadleaf weeds such as prickly sida (Sida spinosa) and velvetleaf (Abutilon theophrasti).
- UsesCinmethylin is used as pre-emergence grass herbicide. Cinmethylin is member of the cineole eucalyptol family.
- PharmacologyCinmethylin is active on several important grasses in rice (Echinochloa spp., Cyperus spp., and Monochoria vaginalis) at rates from 25 to 100 g ai/ha (5). Its chemical and toxicological features (low persistence in environment and low mammalian toxicity) generated a significant level of interest in its use as a rice herbicide.
- Metabolic pathwayWhen rats are administered 14C-cinmethylin orally, the major route of its elimination is via urinary excretion. A complex degradation pattern of cinmethylin is observed and the metabolic pathways involve hydroxylation, oxidation at the benzyl and cineol portions, conjugation with glucuronic acid and glycine, and cleavage of the ether linkage. When rats are administered 14C-cinmethylin by stomach incubation, two minor metabolites are identified as o- (acetoxymethyl)benzoic acid and 9-(acetoxymethyl)-a- carboxycinmethylin.
Cinmethylin Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Chemsky (shanghai) International Co.,Ltd
- Company Name:BEST-REAGENT
- Tel:18981987031 400-1166-196
- Company Name:Hangzhou Yuhao Chemical Technology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Cheng Du Micxy Chemical Co.,Ltd