Choline hydroxide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:236～239℃
- Density 1.09 g/mL at 20 °C
- refractive index n
- Flash point:92 °F
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form Granular Powder
- pka13.9(at 25℃)
- color White
- Water Solubility miscible
- Merck 14,2204
- Stability:Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference123-41-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemEthanaminium, 2-hydroxy-N,N,N-trimethyl-, hydroxide (123-41-1)
Choline hydroxide Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionCholine hydroxide or choline base is also known as 2-hydroxyl ethyl trimethyl ammonium hydroxide. It is a strong yet organic base.
Choline hydroxide is primarily used to produce other choline salts, which could be used in nutraceuticals, baby food, etc. Choline hydroxide can be used as phase transfer catalysts which carry the hydroxide ion into organic systems. It is used as an ingredient in cleaning and developer formulations in the electronics and printed circuit board industry and in paint stripping formulations. It can also be used as corrosion inhibitor, for the H2S removal from gas streams. Furthermore, it is used as the cleaning and degreasing agent in the metal industry.
- References Patent US20160068476: Process for choline hydroxide
- Chemical Propertiesclear light yellow viscous solution
- DefinitionAn amino alcohol,CH2OHCH2N(CH3)3OH. It occurswidely in living organisms as aconstituent of certain types ofphospholipids– the lecithins andsphingomyelins– and in the neurotransmitteracetylcholine. It issometimes classified as a memberof the vitamin B complex.
Choline hydroxide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Lithium hydroxide monohydrate Hydroxide Trimethylaminium 2-(2-Aminoethylamino)ethanol Tetraethylammonium bromide Citicoline sodium Sodium isethionate choline,tartrate(1:1)sal Lecithin Hydroxyethyl Cellulose Ammonium hydroxide benzyldimethyl[2-[2-[4-(1,1,3,3-tetramethylbutyl)tolyloxy]ethoxy]ethyl]ammonium hydroxide 1-CYCLOHEXYL-3-(2-MORPHOLINOETHYL)CARBODIIMIDE METHO-P-TOLUENESULFONATE TETRAETHANOL AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE Benzyltrimethylammonium hydroxide Tetramethylammonium hydroxide pentahydrate Tetraethylammonium hydroxide Aluminum hydroxide
- Company Name:Energy Chemical Gold
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390