ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Synthetic Anti-infective Drugs > Antiseptics & Disinfectants Drugs > Pinitol oil
Pinitol oil Chemical Properties
- Melting point:−55 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:153-175 °C(lit.)
- Density 0.86 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor density 4.84 (−7 °C, vs air)
- vapor pressure 4 mm Hg ( −6.7 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:86 °F
- CAS DataBase Reference8002-09-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPine oil (8002-09-3)
Pinitol oil Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesThe production of essential oil from this pine has been abandoned. The needles are probably distilled with those from spruce. A large addition of white pine needles to spruce needles tends to lower considerably the ester content of the distilled spruce oil.
- Usespine oil (Pinus palustris) is originally used as a solvent and a disinfectant, it is also deodorizing, anti-bacterial and anti-septic. Studies are now showing that certain fractions of pine oil may stimulate fibroblast growth, which would mean an increase in the turnover of epidermal cells. Pine oil is produced by distillation of small pine branches. It may be irritating to the skin and mucous membranes.
- General DescriptionA clear colorless to light amber colored liquid. Contains mainly tertiary and secondary terpene alcohols Produced from the wood of pine trees by extraction or steam distillation. Flash point below 141°F. Less dense than water and insoluble in water. Hence floats on water. Vapors are heavier than air.
- Air & Water ReactionsFlammable. Insoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfilePine oil has a high content of various alcohols. Flammable and/or toxic gases are generated by the combination of alcohols with alkali metals, nitrides, and strong reducing agents. They react with oxoacids and carboxylic acids to form esters plus water. Oxidizing agents convert them to aldehydes or ketones. Alcohols exhibit both weak acid and weak base behavior. They may initiate the polymerization of isocyanates and epoxides.
- Health HazardVapors can cause headache, confusion, respiratory distress. Liquid irritates skin. If ingested, can irritate the entire digestive system and may injure kidneys. If liquid is taken into lungs, causes severe pneumonitis,pulmonary edema/hemorrhage.
- Fire HazardBehavior in Fire: Forms heavy black smoke and soot.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by ingestion. Mddly toxic by skin contact. A weak allergen and a severe irritant to skin and mucous membranes. Human systemic effects by ingestion: excitement, ataxia, headache. A flammable liquid when exposed to heat or flame; can react with oxidizing materials. Moderate spontaneous heating. To fight fire, use foam, CO2, dry chemical. Used as an odorant, dtsinfectant, solvent, wetting agent, and frothing agent.
Pinitol oil Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Tosylmethyl isocyanide Ethyl isocyanoacetate SALCOMINE DICHLORO(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)PLATINUM(II) N-BUTYLISOCYANIDE Aluminum acetylacetonate 1,1,3,3-TETRAMETHYLBUTYL ISOCYANIDE PINE PINORESINOL DIGLUCOSIDE(P)(PLEASE CALL) NEEDLE Resin acid copper salt (-)-alpha-Terpineol Terpinyl acetate Terpinolene PINE NEEDLE Gum rosin compound SODIUM ROSINATE Needle valve
- Company Name:Wuhan canos Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:15327105076 027-83238443
- Company Name:Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp.
- Company Name:Chizhou Kailong Import and Export Trade Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Please Email
- Company Name:Anhui Royal Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Guangdong wengjiang Chemical Reagent Co., Ltd.