ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Protein Research > Protease inhibitors > HOLO-TRANSFERRIN
HOLO-TRANSFERRIN Chemical Properties
HOLO-TRANSFERRIN Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionHolo-transferrin is the transferrin of the holo iron. It is a kind of iron-binding blood plasmaglycoproteins that is capable of regulating the level of free iron (Fe) in biological fluids. It is responsible for iron transportation in vertebrate serum and donating irons to cells through interaction with the CD71 membrane receptor. Transferrin is crucial for proliferating cells as a growth factor to initiate and maintain the DNA synthesis. It can also act as a cytokine. It is mainly synthesized in liver inside the human body. It is responsible to deliver iron from duodenum and white blood cells macrophages to all the other tissues, and is a key protein to maintain in vivo iron homeostasis. Increased plasma transferrin level is related to diseases such as iron deficiency anemia while decrease plasma transferrin is related to iron overload diseases and protein malnutrition.
- Pharmaceutical ApplicationsTransferrins are a group of proteins that are abundant in blood and their primary role is to transport Fe3+, as free Fe3+ would be toxic to most organisms. Transferrin consists of a single polypeptide chain independently binding a maximum of two Fe3+ ions. Fe3+ is bound in a hexa-coordinated high-spin complex within the protein. The metal is coordinated by the N atom from the imidazole residue, two deprotonated phenol groups, a carboxylate and a carbonato ligand.
- Purification MethodsThis transferrin is purified by affinity chromatography on phenyl-boronate agarose followed by DEAE-Sephacel chromatography. The product is free from haemopexin. [Cook et al. Anal Biochem 149 349 1985, Aisen & Listowsky Ann Rev Biochem 49 357 1980.]
- Ferritin INVERTOSE Lactoferrin Bovine Holo Transferrin tranferrin ELSA diagnostic kit COBALT ETHYLENE DIAMINE CHLORIDE Ferric acetylacetonate SALCOMINE Tris(2,4-pentanedionato)chroMiuM(III) 2,4-PENTANEDIONE, SILVER DERIVATIVE N-BUTYLISOCYANIDE COBALT(II) ACETYLACETONATE TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)EUROPIUM(III) Aluminum acetylacetonate Tosylmethyl isocyanide TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)DYSPROSIUM(III) BENZYL ISOCYANIDE TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE
- Company Name:Shanghai Baoman Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:BEST-REAGENT
- Tel:18981987031 400-1166-196
- Company Name:Sinopharm Chemical Reagent Co,Ltd.