ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Analytical Chemistry > Standard > Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) > 4,4'-Methylene bis(2-chloroaniline)
4,4'-Methylene bis(2-chloroaniline) Chemical Properties
- Melting point:102-107 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:202-214 °C0.3 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 1.44
- refractive index 1.6710 (estimate)
- Flash point:>230 °F
- form neat
- Water Solubility <0.1 g/100 mL at 25 ºC
- Merck 14,6059
- BRN 1882318
- Stability:Stable, but decomposes exothermically, and possibly explosively, above 200 C. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference101-14-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- IARC1 (Vol. Sup 7, 57, 99, 100F) 2012
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceAniline), methylene bis-4,4'-(2-chloro-(101-14-4)
- EPA Substance Registry System4,4'-Methylenebis(2-chloroaniline) (101-14-4)
4,4'-Methylene bis(2-chloroaniline) Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesoff-white powder
- UsesMOCA is widely used in machinery, automobile, aircraft manufacturing, mining, industrial and sports facilities (such as plastic track and plastic floor) can be used for curing and waterproof coatings such as epoxy resin, which can be given to polyester and polyether elastomer most good physical and mechanical properties and the results.
- UsesCuring agent for polyurethanes and epoxy resins
- Production MethodsThe production of MOCA in the United States has ceased since 1979 and is now imported, mainly from Japan. More than 1.9 million lb was imported in 1989. The compound is currently used as a curing agent for isocyanate-containing polymers and in the manufacture of polyurethane foams, epoxy resins, gun mounts, jet engine turbine blades, radar systems, and components in home appliances. It is also a model compound for studying carcinogenesis.
- DefinitionChEBI: A chloroaniline that consists of two 2-chloroaniline units joined by a methylene bridge.
- General DescriptionTan-colored pellets or an off-white solid. Slight odor.
- Air & Water ReactionsInsoluble in water.
- Reactivity Profile4,4'-Methylene bis(2-chloroaniline) is a weak base. Undergoes an exothermic and self-sustaining decomposition reaction when exposed to heat above 392°F, In a closed container, the pressure buildup can be rapid enough to cause an explosion.
- HazardToxic. A confirmed carcinogen, absorbedby skin. Causes bladder cancer and methe-moglobinemia.
- Health Hazard4,4￠-Methylene bis(2-chloroaniline), or MOCA, is carcinogenic in experimental animals.
- Fire HazardFlash point data for 4,4'-Methylene bis(2-chloroaniline) are not available. 4,4'-Methylene bis(2-chloroaniline) is probably combustible.
- Safety ProfileConfirmed carcinogen with experimental carcinogenic and tumorigenic data. Poison by ingestion and intraperitoneal routes. Mutation data reported. Flammable liquid. Reactive with active metals such as sodium, potassium, magnesium, or zinc. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of Cland NOx.
- Carcinogenicity4,4′-Methylenebis(2-chloroaniline) is reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen based on sufficient evidence of carcinogenicity from studies in experimental animals.
4,4'-Methylene bis(2-chloroaniline) Preparation Products And Raw materials
- AMINO ACIDS Chloroaniline Methylene Blue Diphenylmethane 4,4'-Methylenedianiline 4,4'-Diaminodiphenylsulfone Tris Base DICHLORODIPHENYLMETHANE Dibenzoylmethane Bis(4-amino-2,3-dichlorophenyl)methane N-acetyl-4,4'-methylenebis(2-chloroaniline) 4,4'-METHYLENEBIS(2-CHLOROPHENYL)DIISOTHIOCYANATE 4,4'-(9H-Fluoren-9-ylidene)bis(2-chlorobenzenamine) 4,4'-Methylene bis(2-chloroaniline) 1,3-Diaminoguanidine monohydrochloride Dichloroacetic acid 4,4'-Dichlorodiphenyl sulfone 6-Aminocaproic acid
- Company Name:TianJin Alta Scientific Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009