6-Aminocaproic acid Chemical Properties
- Melting point:207-209 °C (dec.)(lit.)
- Boiling point:242.49°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.03 g/mL at 20 °C
- vapor pressure <0.1 hPa (20 °C)
- refractive index 1.4870 (estimate)
- Flash point:207-209°C
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility H2O: 50 mg/mL
- pka4.373(at 25℃)
- form powder
- color white
- PH7.0-7.5 (50g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility SOLUBLE
- Merck 14,432
- BRN 906872
- CAS DataBase Reference60-32-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceHexanoic acid, 6-amino-(60-32-2)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemHexanoic acid, 6-amino- (60-32-2)
6-Aminocaproic acid Usage And Synthesis
- Description6-aminocaproic acid (Brand name: Amicar) is a kind of synthetic derivative of lysine. Since it is a analogue of amino acid lysine, it can act as the inhibitor for enzymes that need to bind to that particular lysine residue, e.g. the proteolytic enzyme such as plasmin, which is responsible for fibrinolysis. Therefore, it has anti-fibrinolytic activity. It also competitively inhibits activation of plasminogen, thereby reducing conversion of plasminogen to plasmin. Based on this property, it can be used for the treatment of acute bleeding due to elevated fibrinolytic activity in many clinical situations. It can also indicated by FDA for the prevention of recurrent hemorrhage in patients of traumatic hyphema. It may also act as a prophylactic against the vascular disease due to its inhibitory effect on the formation of lipoprotein which is the risk factor of vascular disease.
- Chemical Propertieswhite crystalline powder
- OriginatorEpsilon,Roche,W. Germany,1962
- Uses6-Aminohexanoic Acid is a reagent commonly used for the extraction of aldehydes from reaction mixtures. 6-Aminohexanoic Acid has also been shown to improve solubilization of membrane proteins in elect rophoresis. Studies suggest that 6-Aminohexanoic Acid inhibits the activation of the first component of the complement system.
- UsesPropylparaben Food preservative
- UsesEACA is directly soluble in water at 25 mg/ml. As an inhibitor of plasmin it is has been utilized in the clotting buffer for fibrinogen assays. This buffer is 10 mM potassium and sodium phosphate, pH 6.4, with 0.20 g CaCl2, 5 g 6-Aminohexanoic acid, 1 g sodium azide, and 9 g NaCl in 1 liter. The buffer is stable indefinitely at room temperature.
- DefinitionChEBI: An amino-acid anion that is the conjugate base of 6-aminohexanoic acid.
- Manufacturing Process5 kg of caprolactam were heated with 40 liters of water in a pressure vessel at 250°C for a period of four hours. These quantities of reactants correspond to a water:lactam molecular ratio of 50:1. After cooling, the small quantity of the nonsoluble substance that is formed is filtered off, and the filtrate is evaporated as far as possible. The resulting concentrate is mixed with three times its volume of strong alcohol, thereby causing the desired product, epsilon-aminocaproic acid (6-aminohexanoic acid), to crystallize out. After separating the crystalline product thus obtained, a further quantity of epsilonaminocaproic acid can be obtained from the mother liquid if desired.
- brand nameAmicar (Xanodyne).
- Therapeutic FunctionAntifibrinolytic
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by intravenous route. Human systemic effects by ingestion: changes in tubules (includmg acute renal failure, acute tubular necrosis), hematuria, and increased body temperature. Experimental reproductive effects. An eye irritant. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes such as NOx,.
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsAminocaproic acid has been used as a treatment to degenerative myelopathy (seen primarily in German shepherds), but no controlled studies documenting its efficacy were located. There is interest in evaluating aminocaproic acid for adjunctive treatment of thrombocytopenia in dogs, but efficacy and safety for this purpose remains to be investigated. In humans, it is primarily used for treating hyperfibrinolysis-induced hemorrhage.
6-Aminocaproic acid Preparation Products And Raw materials
- L(+)-Homoarginine hydrochloride DL-PIPECOLIC ACID HYDROCHLORIDE N6-Cbz-L-Lysine 5-HYDROXY-DL-LYSINE HYDROCHLORIDE Ethyl pipecolinate Amstat Ethyl 1-methylpipecolinate AC-LYS-OH 2,6-DIAMINOPIMELIC ACID N-Succinimidyl 4-(N-maleimidomethyl)cyclohexane-1-carboxylate H-LYS(ME)-OH HCL N-EPSILON-ACETYL-L-LYSINE N-Benzyloxycarbonyl-6-aminohexanoic acid AC-LYS-OME HCL 6-Acetamidohexanoic acid D-Lysine Hexanoic acid 6-Aminocaproic acid
- Company Name:Chengdu Chuanke Fine Chemicals C.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:+86 (28) 68626087
- Products Intro:Product Name:6-AMinohexanoic acid
- Company Name:Chemspon Bio-Tech Co., Ltd Gold
- Products Intro:Product Name:6-Aminocaproic acid
- Company Name:WUHAN YUANCHENG GONGCHUANG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD Gold
- Products Intro:Product Name:6-Aminocaproic acid
- Company Name:Shaanxi Pioneer Biotech Co.,Ltd Gold
- Tel:18220517932 029-84385017-8001
- Products Intro:Product Name:6-Aminocaproicacid
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Products Intro:Product Name:6-Aminohexanoic acid, 99%