ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Amino Acids and Derivatives > Other amino acid derivatives > 6-Acetamidohexanoic acid
6-Acetamidohexanoic acid Chemical Properties
- Melting point:102-104 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:303.86°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.1599 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.4590 (estimate)
- storage temp. Sealed in dry,Room Temperature
- Merck 14,45
- CAS DataBase Reference57-08-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- Safety Statements 24/25
- WGK Germany 3
- HS Code 29241900
6-Acetamidohexanoic acid Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWHITE POWDER
- OriginatorAcexamic acid ,Flamma
- Uses6-Acetamidohexanoic acid is used after oral administration of an antiulcer agent, zinc acexamate (ZAC) for treatment of gastric ulcer or small bowel inflammation.
- Useswound healing agent
- Manufacturing Process400 L of demineralized water, 5.0 kg of calcium hydroxide, and 155.0 kg
(1000 moles) of acetyl-caprolactame are introduced under stirring and at a
temperature of about 25°C into a 1000 L stainless double walled reactor.
The temperature is raised to 30°C. 75.0 kg of calcium hydroxide are introduced stepwise in the form of successive amounts of 2.0 kg each in the medium, under stirring and at a temperature adjusted and maintained 25°- 30°C through external cooling, in a manner such that the time required to introduce into the reactor the whole amount of calcium hydroxide approximates 1.5 h. When the stirring is stopped, the pH is about 7.5-7.8.
The obtained mixture is stirred continuously at a temperature of 30°C during 14 h. At the end of this operation the pH is again adjusted at a value 7.5-7.8.
The hydrolysate is filtered on a 60 x 60 pressfilter comprising 6 compartments and equipped with fabrics of the polyester known under the designation TERGAL which have been previously coated with a suspension of a cellulose commercialized under the trademark SOLKA FLOX BW20. The duration of filtration is of 1.5 h. 580 L of the filtrate are recovered and subjected to a concentration under reduced pressure in an evaporator the volume of which is of 750 L, at a distillation temperature ranging from 45°-50°C under a reduced pressure of 10-15 Torr.
The operation is ran until concentration of the solution to 280 L, the concentrated solution being then left standing. The crystallisation is already considerable 2 h after the end of the operation of concentration. Crystallisation is ended after 16-24 h.
The crystals are centrifuged at a speed of 700 revolutions/minute. The centrifuged crystals of calcium acexamate are washed twice on the centrifuge with 20 l of acetone. 107.0 kg of crystals are obtained, which are dried under vacuum at 40°C. The 96.0 kg of dry calcium acexamate obtained are ground and sifted.
Acexamic acid may be produced by treatment of the calcium acexamate with HCl.
- Therapeutic FunctionAntifibrinolytic
- N-Succinimidyl 4-(N-maleimidomethyl)cyclohexane-1-carboxylate 6-Maleimidocaproic acid N-EPSILON-ACETYL-L-LYSINE AKOS AUF2076 N-EPSILON-BENZOYL-L-LYSINE N-6-Trifluoroacetyl-L-lysine SULFO-SMCC N-Succinimidyl 6-maleimidohexanoate BOC-LYS(TFA)-OSU AC-DL-LYS (AC)-OH LABOTEST-BB LT00451924 6-Acetamidohexanoic acid ZINC ACEXAMATE Ethyl Hexanoate Hexyl hexanoate Allyl hexanoate Methyl hexanoate ACETAMINOPHENOL BP/USP
- Company Name:Shanghai Shenmin Industrial Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-