ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Digestive system drugs > Gastrointestinal motility drugs > Metoclopramide hydrochloride
Metoclopramide hydrochloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:182.5-184°
- form neat
- Water Solubility It is very soluble in water, easily soluble in ethyl alcohol, slightly soluble in dichloromethane.
- Sensitive Light Sensitive
- CAS DataBase Reference54143-57-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- WGK Germany 3
- HS Code 2924296000
Metoclopramide hydrochloride Usage And Synthesis
- UsesDopamine receptor antagonist; antiemetic.
- IndicationsMetoclopramide (Reglan) stimulates upper GI tract motility and has both central and peripheral actions. Centrally, it is a dopamine antagonist, an action that is important both for its often desirable antiemetic effect and other less desirable effects. Peripherally, it stimulates the release of intrinsic postganglionic stores of acetylcholine and sensitizes the gastric smooth muscle to muscarinic stimulation. The ability of metoclopramide to antagonize the inhibitory neurotransmitter effect of dopamine on the GI tract results in increased gastric contraction and enhanced gastric emptying and small bowel transit.
- DefinitionChEBI: A hydrate that is the monohydrate form of metoclopramide monohydrochloride.
- brand nameMaxolon (King); Reglan (Baxter Healthcare); Reglan (Robins); Reglan (Schwarz Pharma).
- Mechanism of actionMetoclopramide is rapidly absorbed following an oral dose in a patient with intact gastric emptying. Peak plasma concentration is achieved within 40 to 120 minutes. With normal renal function, plasma half-life is about 4 hours.About 20% of an oral dose is eliminated unchanged in the urine, while 60% is eliminated as sulfate or glucuronide conjugates.
- Clinical UseImproved gastric emptying will frequently alleviate symptoms in patients with diabetic, postoperative, or idiopathic gastroparesis. Since metoclopramide also can decrease the acid reflux into the esophagus that results from slowed gastric emptying or lower esophageal sphincter pressure, the drug can be used as an adjunct in the treatment of reflux esophagitis.
- Side effectsSide effects include fatigue, insomnia, and altered motor coordination. Parkinsonian side effects and acute dystonic reactions also have been reported. Metoclopramide stimulates prolactin secretion, which can cause galactorrhea and menstrual disorders. Extrapyramidal side effects seen following administration of the phenothiazines, thioxanthenes, and butyrophenones may be accentuated by metoclopramide.
- ALTRENOGEST Difluorochloromethane D-Glucosamine hydrochloride AMINO ACIDS Aminoacetonitrile hydrochloride 4-AMINO-N-1-AZABICYCLO[2.2.2]OCT-3-YL-5-CHLORO-2-METHOXYBENZAMIDE HYDROCHLORIDE Cloxacepride Metoclopramide hydrochloride 6-Aminocaproic acid 4-Amino-5-chloro-N-(2-(diethylamino)ethyl)-2-methoxybenzamide Methoxyammonium chloride Glycine Benzamide AMINOGUANIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE Methoxyphenamine hydrochloride p-Aminobenzamide Tris Base CHLOANTRANILIPROLE
Metoclopramide hydrochloride SupplierMore
- Company Name:GUANGZHOU CHANGTHINKING IMP.&EXP.CO.,LTD Gold
- Company Name:XiaoGan ShenYuan ChemPharm co,ltd Gold
- Tel:15527768850 0712-2580635-
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:010-57411838 010-57411839-
- Company Name:Beijing Ouhe Technology Co., Ltd
- Tel:13552068683 010-82967028-
- Company Name:Secco work (Beijing) chemical technology co., LTD