ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Inhibitors > Neuronal Signaling > 5-HT Receptor Antagonists > Mirtazapine
Mirtazapine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:114-116°C
- Boiling point:432.4±45.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.22±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- Flash point:9°C
- storage temp. Store at RT
- solubility DMSO: ~8 mg/mL, soluble
- form solid
- color white
- CAS DataBase Reference85650-52-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
Mirtazapine Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Solid
- UsesMirtazapine (Remeron, Avanza) is a potent tetracyclic antidepressant. Mirtazapine (Remeron, Avanza) used primarily in the treatment of depression. It is also sometimes used as a hypnotic, antiemetic, and appetite stimulant, and for the treatment of anxiet
- UsesAn α2-Adrenergic blocker; analogue of Mianserin. Antidepressant.
- brand nameRemeron (Organon).
- Biological ActivityAntidepressant agent; potent 5-HT 2 , 5-HT 3 and histamine H 1 receptor antagonist and moderately potent α 2 -adrenoceptor antagonist (pK i values are 8.05, ~ 8.1, 9.3 and 6.95 respectively). Enhances noradrenalin (NA) release in rat brain via inhibition of α 2 -adrenergic autoreceptors and displays only weak affinity for monoamine transporters (pK i values are 5.6, < 5 and < 5.1 for inhibition of NA, dopamine and 5-HT uptake respectively). Increases hippocampal NA and 5-HT levels in rats following systemic administration in vivo .
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsCurrently, the only FDA approved indication for mirtazapine is
depression in humans. Reported veterinary uses include treatment
of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV); anorexia
associated with renal failure (azotemia), congestive heart failure,
gastro-intestinal disorders, liver disease, or neoplasia. Other uses
suggested include stress induced diseases; insomnia; post-pyometra
symptoms; and post-operative inappetance. Studies have shown
that mirtazapine also alleviated sleep apnea in rats and humans.
There are case reports published in human literature of mirtazapine use as treatment for non-mechanical vomiting after gastric bypass, CINV, obsessive-compulsive disorder, nocioception and chronic pain, migraine headache prophylaxis, anti-psychotic induced akathisia, idiopathic nausea and vomiting, serotonin syndrome induced nausea, anorexia, irritable bowel syndrome, resistant hyperemesis gravidarum, and for the treatment of negative symptoms of schizophrenia. Studies in rats have also shown that mirtazapine significantly improves memory.
- 1-(3-carboxypyridyl-2)-2-phenyl-4-methyl-piperazine (intermediate of mirtazapine) Mirtazapine for system suitability Mirtazapine-D3 1-(3-Carboxypyrid-2-yl)-2-phenyl-4-methyl-piperazine DESMETHYL MIRTAZAPINE HCL 1-(3-hydroxymethylpyridin-2-yl)-4-methyl-2-phenylpiperazine (intermediate of mirtazapine) Mirtazapine-d3 N-Oxide MIRTAZAPINE 1-Methyl-3-phenyl piperazine Mirtazapine N-Oxide Mirtazapine(Remerom) 8-HYDROXY MIRTAZAPINE Mirtazapine 2,6-Lutidine 4-Methylpyridine 2-Chloro-5-chloromethylpyridine Tetramethylpyrazine 2,4,6-Collidine Trimethyl-pyrazine
- Company Name:Hubei huizepu Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:17762444226 1776-2444226-
- Company Name:Wuhan Dingtong Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:18327179646 027-59207795
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801