ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Flavors and fragrances > Synthetic fragrances > Aldehydes spices > Acyclic aliphatic aldehydes > Undecan-4-olide
Undecan-4-olide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:164～166℃
- Boiling point:164 °C
- Density 0.944 g/mL at 20 °C(lit.)
- FEMA 3091 | GAMMA-UNDECALACTONE
- refractive index n
- Flash point:>230 °F
- form Liquid
- Specific Gravity0.944 (20/4℃)
- color Clear colorless
- JECFA Number233
- BRN 81943
- CAS DataBase Reference104-67-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference2(3H)-Furanone, 5-heptyldihydro-(104-67-6)
- EPA Substance Registry System5-Heptyldihydro-2(3H)-furanone (104-67-6)
- Hazard Codes Xi
- Risk Statements 36/37/38-52/53
- Safety Statements 26-36-37/39-36/37-24/25
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS YQ2485000
- TSCA Yes
- HS Code 29322090
- ToxicityThe acute oral LD50 in rats was reported as 18.5 g/kg (Jenner, Hagan, Taylor, Cook & Fitzhugh, 1964). Fatty infiltration of liver parenchymal cells occurred in rats fed 13-115 mg y-undecalactone for 5-9 days (Shillinger, 1950).
Undecan-4-olide Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionGAMMA-UNDECALACTONE is a flavoring ingredient. It is industrially important flavor compounds that are widely distributed in foods, fruits, and beverages and are used in many fruity aromatic foods and cosmetics. It is often used in peach, apricot, pear, maple, coconut, tropical, butterscotch, grenadine and date flavors. It is also a volatile flavor constituent found in low-fat ice cream.
- An, J. U., Y. C. Joo, and D. K. Oh. "New biotransformation process for production of the fragrant compound γ-dodecalactone from 10-hydroxystearate by permeabilized Waltomyces lipofer cells. " Applied & Environmental Microbiology 79.8(2013): 2636-2641.
- Chemical PropertiesGAMMA-UNDECALACTONE is clear colourless liquid
- Chemical Propertiesgamma-Undecalactone has a strong, fruity odor suggestive of peach (particularly on dilution). It has a pungent and sweet flavor also similar to peach.
- OccurrenceReported found in hydrolyzed soy protein, butter, peach, apricot and passion fruit. Also reported found in fresh apple, guava fruit, fresh blackberry, heated butter, heated beef fat, ghee, pork fat, yellow passion fruit juice, cooked scented rice, origanum (Spanish) (Coridothymus cap. (L.) Rchb.), mountain papaya, starfruit, plumcot and chicken fat.
- UsesTraditionally, the bark and leaves of the peach tree have been used as an anthelmintic, an expectorant, an astringent, and a diuretic, as well as to treat insomnia, cough, and constipation. In the 1970s, peach pits (Laetrile) were a popular but unproved treatment for cancer in other countries. Topically, peach is used to treat minor skin disorders such as burns, abrasions, blisters, scratches, eczema, psoriasis, and warts.
- PreparationBy the action of sulfuric acid on undecylenic acid; also prepared starting form castor oil; from octanol-1 plus methylacrylate with di-ter-butylperoxide; from heptylethylene oxide and sodiomalonic ester.
- Aroma threshold valuesDetection: 60 ppb
- Taste threshold valuesTaste characteristics at 30 ppm: fatty, coconut, creamy, vanilla, nutty, macadamia and peach.
Undecan-4-olide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- GIBBERELLIC ACID POTASSIUM SALT gibberellin A4 methyl ester Gibberellin A4 4-Dodecanolide Gibberellic acid BREVETOXIN PBTX-1 Canrenone Sclareolide PICROTOXININ Isoalantolactone DEHYDROCOSTUSLACTONE Undecan-4-olide Tetraheptylammonium bromide ALPHA-HYDROXY-GAMMA-BUTYROLACTONE 3-(4-ISOPROPYLPHENYL)ISOBUTYRALDEHYDE 1-Nonanal BETA-BUTYROLACTONE 2(5H)-Furanone
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:future industrial shanghai co., ltd
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar