Clemastine fumarate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:158-162°C
- alpha D21 +16.9° (methanol)
- Boiling point:154°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.0247 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5790 (estimate)
- storage temp. Store at RT
- solubility DMSO: soluble5mg/mL (clear solution; warmed)
- form powder
- color white to beige
- optical activity[α]/D +15 to +25°, c = 1 in methanol
- CAS DataBase Reference14976-57-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS UY0704600
- HS Code 2933992600
- Hazardous Substances Data14976-57-9(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 in mice, rats (mg/kg): 730, 3550 orally; 43, 82 i.v. (Weimann)
- Language:EnglishProvider:(2R)-2-[2-[(1R)-1-(4-Chlorophenyl)-1-phenylethoxy]ethyl]-1-methylpyrrolidine but-2-enedioic acid
Clemastine fumarate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Solid
- UsesH1 Histamine receptor antagonist. Antihistaminic.
- UsesClemastine fumarate is a selective histamine H1 receptor antagonist (Ki = 0.26 nM) that also displays high affinity for muscarinic receptors (Ki = 16 nM). It has also recently been identified as a positive allosteric modulator of P2X7 receptor signaling. Clemastine fumarate has long been used to inhibit histamine-induced bronchoconstriction in asthma and airway hyperresponsive studies.
- DefinitionChEBI: The fumaric acid salt of clemastine. An antihistamine with antimuscarinic and moderate sedative properties, it is used for the symptomatic relief of allergic conditions such as rhinitis, urticaria, conjunctivitis and in pruritic (severe itching) skin condi ions.
- brand nameTavist (Novartis).
- General DescriptionDextrorotatory clemastine, R,R-2[2[1-(4-chlorophenyl)-1-phenylethoxy]ethyl]-1- methylpyrrolidine hydrogen furnarate (1:1) (Tavist), has two chiral centers, each of which has the (R) absolute configuration. A comparison of the activities of the enantiomers indicates that the asymmetric center close to the terminal side chain nitrogen is of lesser importance to antihistaminic activity.
? This member of the ethanolamine series is characterized by a long duration of action, with an activity that reaches a maximum in 5 to 7 hours and persists for 10 to 12 hours. It is well absorbed when administered orally, and it is excreted primarily in the urine. The side effects are those usually encountered with this series of antihistamines. Clemastine is closely related to chlorphenoxamine, which is used for its central cholinergic-blocking activity. Therefore, it is not surprising that clemastine has significant antimuscarinic activity.
- Biological ActivityH 1 -receptor antagonist. Clinically-used antihistamine.
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsClemastine may be used for symptomatic relief of histamine1-related allergic conditions.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:010-57411838 010-57411839-
- Company Name:Pure Chemistry Scientific Inc.
- Tel:001-857-928-2050 or 1-888-588-9418
- Company Name:Shanghai Hanhong Scientific Co.,Ltd.