ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Ethers > 2-Bromoethyl ethyl ether
2-Bromoethyl ethyl ether
2-Bromoethyl ethyl ether Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:149-150 °C750 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 1.357 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:70 °F
- storage temp. Freezer
- form Liquid
- color Clear colorless to brown
- Specific Gravity1.357
- Water Solubility SLIGHTLY SOLUBLE
- Sensitive Moisture Sensitive
- BRN 1731362
- CAS DataBase Reference592-55-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceEthane, 1-bromo-2-ethoxy-(592-55-2)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemEthane, 1-bromo-2-ethoxy- (592-55-2)
2-Bromoethyl ethyl ether Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesclear colorless to brown liquid
- General DescriptionA colorless liquid. Flash point 5°F. Vapors are heavier than air.
- Air & Water ReactionsHighly flammable. Soluble in water and slightly denser than water.
- Reactivity ProfileEthers, such as 2-Bromoethyl ethyl ether, can act as bases. They form salts with strong acids and addition complexes with Lewis acids. The complex between diethyl ether and boron trifluoride is an example. Ethers may react violently with strong oxidizing agents. In other reactions, which typically involve the breaking of the carbon-oxygen bond, ethers are relatively inert.
- Health HazardMay cause toxic effects if inhaled or absorbed through skin. Inhalation or contact with material may irritate or burn skin and eyes. Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution.
- Fire HazardHIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers. Runoff to sewer may create fire or explosion hazard. Containers may explode when heated. Many liquids are lighter than water.
2-Bromoethyl ethyl ether Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Ethyl 2-bromoisobutyrate Ethyl 2-bromopropionate Tetrabromobisphenol A bis(dibromopropyl ether) 2-Bromoethyl ethyl ether PETROLEUM ETHER 1-Bromo-2-methoxyethane Hydroxyethyl starch Ethyl acrylate Ethyl acetate Ethylbenzene Ethylparaben Ethyl cellulose Diethyl ether 2-Ethoxyethanol Decabromodiphenyl oxide Hydroxyethyl Cellulose Ethyl maltol 2-Bromoethyl acetate
2-Bromoethyl ethyl etherSupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:ShangHai DEMO Chemical Co.,Ltd
- Tel:400-021-7337 qq:2355568890
- Email:email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org