ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical pesticides > Herbicide > Other herbicides > 2,4-Dichlorophenoxybutyric acid
2,4-Dichlorophenoxybutyric acid Chemical Properties
- Melting point:118-120 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:324.35 °C
- Density 1.3342 (estimate)
- storage temp. 0-6°C
- form Amorphous Powder
- color Off-white
- Water Solubility 53mg/L(room temperature)
- Merck 13,2855
- BRN 1976809
- CAS DataBase Reference94-82-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceButanoic acid, 4-(2,4-dichlorophenoxy)-(94-82-6)
- EPA Substance Registry System2,4-DB (94-82-6)
2,4-Dichlorophenoxybutyric acid Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite to light-brown crystalline solid. May be shipped as a concentrate to be mixed with water and used as a spray. Slight phenolic odor.
- DefinitionChEBI: A monocarboxylic acid that is butyric acid in which one of the hydrogens at position 4 is replaced by a 2,4-dichlorophenoxy group. A selective post-emergence herbicide.
- General DescriptionColorless crystals. Slightly corrosive to iron. A chlorinated phenoxy herbicide. Soluble in organic solvents.
- Reactivity Profile2,4-Dichlorophenoxybutyric acid is an organic acid. Neutralizes bases in exothermic reactions. Forms water soluble metal and amine salts. Hard water precipitates the calcium and magnesium salts from aqueous solutions of such salts.
- Potential Exposure2,4-DB is a chlorophenoxy/arylox- yalkanoic acid selective systemic herbicide used to control annual and perennial broadleaf weeds in many field crops such as alfalfa, peanuts, cereals and soybeans; used as a defoliant. In the plant, the compound changes to 2,4-D and inhibits growth at the tips of stems and roots.
- ShippingUN3077 Environmentally hazardous substances, solid, n.o.s., Hazard class: 9; Labels: 9-Miscellaneous haz- ardous material, Technical Name Required.
- Incompatibilities2,4-DB is a weak organic acid. Keep away from oxidizers, sulfuric acid, caustics, ammonia, aliphatic amines, alkanolamines, isocyanates, alkylene oxides, and epichlorohydrin. Corrosive to iron, aluminum, zinc, and possibly other metals, especially in the presence of moisture.
- Waste DisposalDo not discharge into drains or sewers. Dispose of waste material as hazardous waste using a licensed disposal contractor to an approved landfill. Consult with environmental regulatory agencies for guid- ance on acceptable disposal practices. Incineration with effluent gas scrubbing is recommended. Containers must be disposed of properly by following package label directions or by contacting your local or federal environmental control agency, or by contacting your regional EPA office
2,4-Dichlorophenoxybutyric acid Preparation Products And Raw materials
- p-Dichlorobenzene Permethrin Benzyldimethylcarbinyl butyrate Baclofen AURORA KA-6209 2,4,5-TB AURORA 8268 AURORA 4694 2,4-dichlorophenoxybutyric acid methyl ester 2,4-DB-2-ETHYLHEXYL ESTER 2,4-dichlorophenoxybutyric acid sodium salt 2,4-DB-BUTOXYETHYL ESTER AURORA 22820 2,4-dichlorophenoxybutyric acid dimethylamine salt 2,4-Dichlorophenoxybutyric acid 4-Chlorophenoxyacetic acid Diphenyldimethoxysilane Chlorambucil
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Shanghai Hanhong Scientific Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:021-54302127 021-54306202-
- Company Name:BEST-REAGENT
- Tel:18981987031 400-1166-196
- Company Name:China Langchem Inc.
- Company Name:Tianjin heowns Biochemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400 638 7771