ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Oxides and peroxides > Metal oxide > Iron oxide black
Iron oxide black
Iron oxide black Chemical Properties
- Melting point:1538 °C(lit.)
- Density 4.8-5.1 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- form powder
- Specific Gravity0.89
- Specific Gravity1.19
- EPA Substance Registry SystemMagnetite (Fe3O4) (1309-38-2)
Iron oxide black Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesBlack mineral, black streak, submetallic or dull to metallic luster. Contains 72.4% iron. Readily recognized by strong attraction by magnet. Soluble in powder form in hydrochloric acid. Decomposes at 1538C to ferric oxide Fe2O3.
- UsesBlack iron oxide (Fe3O4) is a synthetic inorganic pigment, produced by oxidation of iron (II) hydroxide obtained from the action of alkali on iron (II) sulfate solution. The composition of the pigment corresponds with that of magnetite. The pigment is of fine texture, but has only low tinting strength in paint and other coatings. It is mainly used as a colorant in fillers, primers, and undercoats. The major black pigments in the paint industry are carbon blacks.
- UsesDiagnostic aid, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI); treatment of iron deficiency.
Iron oxide black Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Iron oxide Phosphorus pentoxide C.I. Pigment Black 11 EPT Mineral oil Grey micaceous iron oxide alkyd enamel C04-9 Chlorinated rubber micaceous iron oxide antirust paint Micaceous iron oxide primer Micaceous iron oxide gray Micaceous Iron Oxide Pigment Karntner Micaceous Iron Oxide IRON (II) OXIDE,IRON(II) OXIDE, -10 MESH, 99.9%,Iron(II)oxide,99.5%(metalsbasis) Chlorosulfonated polyethylene micaceous iron oxide antirust paint IRON(II) OXIDE FOR PIGMENT Highchlorinated polyethylene micaceous iron oxide antirust paint Micaceous iron oxide alkyd antirust paint C53-34 Micaceous iron oxide phenolic antirust paint F53-40 Grey micaceous iron oxide alkyd top-coat
Iron oxide blackSupplierMore
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Shanghai BeiZhuo Biotech Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Chizhou Kailong Import and Export Trade Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Please Email
- Company Name:Watson Biotechnology Co.,Ltd
- Company Name:VWR(Shanghai) Co., Ltd