ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Nervous system drugs > Cholinergic drugs > Acetylcholine chloride
Acetylcholine chloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:146-150 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.1235 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5560 (estimate)
- storage temp. 0-6°C
- solubility H2O: 0.1 g/mL, clear, colorless
- form Crystalline Powder
- color White
- Water Solubility Soluble IN COLD WATER
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- Merck 14,87
- BRN 3571875
- Stability:Stable. Substances to be avoided include strong oxidizing agents. Protect from moisture - very hygroscopic.
- CAS DataBase Reference60-31-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemEthanaminium, 2-(acetyloxy)-N,N,N-trimethyl-, chloride (60-31-1)
Acetylcholine chloride Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite or almost white crystalline powder or colourless crystals, very hygroscopic.
- UsesAcetylcholine Chloride is a cholinergic.
- Usescholinergic, antiarrhythmic, miotic, vasodilator (peripheral)
- Usesendogenous neurotransmitter at cholinergic synapses; amplifies sarcolemma action potential inducing muscle contractions
- UsesA cholinergic neurotransmitter that can induce the opening of calcium channels
- DefinitionChEBI: The chloride salt of acetylcholine, and a parasympatomimetic drug.
- brand nameMiochol (Novartis).
- General DescriptionACh chloride exerts a powerfulstimulant effect on the parasympathetic nervous system.Attempts have been made to use it as a cholinergic agent,but its duration of action is too short for sustained effects,because of rapid hydrolysis by esterases and lack of specificitywhen administered for systemic effects. It is a cardiacdepressant and an effective vasodilator. Stimulation of thevagus and the parasympathetic nervous system produces atonic action on smooth muscle and induces a flow from thesalivary and lacrimal glands. Its cardiac-depressant effectresults from (a) a negative chronotropic effect that causes adecrease in heart rate and (b) a negative inotropic action onheart muscle that produces a decrease in the force of myocardialcontractions.
- Biological ActivityEndogenous neurotransmitter. Acts at nicotinic and muscarinic acetylcholine receptors.
- Clinical UseAtropine blocks the depressant effect of ACh on cardiacmuscle and its production of peripheral vasodilation (i.e.,muscarinic effects) but does not affect the skeletal musclecontraction (i.e., nicotinic effect) produced.ACh chloride is a hygroscopic powder that is available inan admixture with mannitol to be dissolved in sterile waterfor injection shortly before use. It is a short-acting mioticwhen introduced into the anterior chamber of the eye and isespecially useful after cataract surgery during the placementof sutures. When applied topically to the eye, it has littletherapeutic value because of poor corneal penetration andrapid hydrolysis by AChE.
- Safety ProfilePoison by subcutaneous, intravenous, and parenteral routes. Moderately toxic by ingestion. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of NOx, and Cl-. A cholinergic agent. See also CHOLINE ACETATE (ESTER).
- Purification MethodsIt is very soluble in H2O (>10%), and is very hygroscopic. If pasty, dry it in a vacuum desiccator over H2SO4 until a solid residue is obtained. Dissolve this in absolute EtOH, filter it and add dry Et2O, when the hydrochloride separates. Collect by filtration and store it under very dry conditions. [Jones & Major J Am Chem Soc 52 307 1930.] The chloroplatinate crystallises from hot H2O in yellow needles and can be recrystallised from 50% EtOH, m 242-244o [Dudley Biochem J 23 1069 1929]; other m given is 256-257o. The perchlorate crystallises from EtOH as prisms m 116-117o. [J Am Pharm Assocn 36 272 1947, Beilstein 4 IV 1446.]
Acetylcholine chloride Preparation Products And Raw materials
- BUTYRYLCHOLINE CHLORIDE METHACHOLINE CHLORIDE Acetylcholine chloride Sulfuryl chloride Bethanechol Polyvinyl chloride Sodium chloride Potassium chloride Acetyl chloride Ammonium chloride Acetoxyacetic acid SILICON TETRAACETATE Choline chloride Ferric chloride Methyltrimethoxysilane ACETYLCHOLINE BROMIDE DIMETHYLPHOSPHINOTHIOIC CHLORIDE CHLORIDE STANDARD
- Company Name:Hefei Bomei Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar