ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Antineoplastic agents > Alkylating antineoplastic > Estramustine
Estramustine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:104-105°
- alpha D20 +50° (in dioxane)
- Boiling point:565.8±50.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.253±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- Water Solubility 1mg/L(30 ºC)
- CAS DataBase Reference2998-57-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
Estramustine Usage And Synthesis
- UsesEstradiol 3-[N,N-Bis(2-chloroethyl)carbamate] is used treatment of breast cancer. Also used in the treatment of prostate cancer.
- IndicationsEstramustine phosphate sodium (Emcyt) is a hybrid structure combining estradiol and a nitrogen mustard in a single molecule. The drug has been approved for use in prostatic carcinomas and will produce clinical remissions in one-third of patients who have failed to respond to previous estrogen therapy. The mechanism of action of estramustine is not well defined, but it does not appear to require either alkylation of DNA or the presence of estrogen receptors in tumor cells. Nonetheless, the toxicities of the drug are similar to those of estrogen therapy: breast tenderness and enlargement (gynecomastia), fluid retention, mild nausea, and an increased risk of thrombophlebitis and pulmonary embolism.The drug is not myelosuppressive.
- DefinitionChEBI: A carbamate ester obtained by the formal condensation of the hydroxy group of 17beta-estradiol with the carboxy group of bis(2-chloroethyl)carbamic acid.
- Biological FunctionsEstramustine has a low affinity for the βm tubulin isotype, which often is overexpressed in estramustineresistant prostatic neoplasms as one defense against this therapeutic intervention.
- Mechanism of actionBecause this anticancer agent contains a carbamylated nitrogen mustard moiety, it is most commonly classified as a DNA alkylator; however, it is now known that its primary mechanism of antineoplastic action is inhibition of mitosis.
Estramustine Na PH Estramustine Sodium Phosphate BP Estramustine sarcosinate ESTRAMUSTINE BP(CRM STANDARD) Estra 1,3,5(10)-triene 3,17-diol-3[bis(2-chloreethyl) Carbamate](Estramustine EM-1) Estramustine Disodium Phosphate prostatic estramustine-binding protein Estramustine gluculonide ESTRAMUSTINE BP STANDARD(CRM STANDARD) Estra1,3,5(10)-Triene3,17-Diol-3[Bis(2-Chioroethyl)Carbamate](Estramustine(Em-1) Estra1,3,5(10)-triene 3,17-diol-3-[bis(2-chloroethyl) carbamide]-17-phosphate[Estramustine phosphate (EM-2)] estramustine phosphate Chlorambucil Bendamustine Estramustine Estramustine sodium phosphate CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III Methyl
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Chembest Research Laboratories Limited
- Company Name:Pure Chemistry Scientific Inc.
- Tel:001-857-928-2050 or 1-888-588-9418
- Company Name:LGM Pharma
- Company Name:BOC Sciences