ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Inhibitors > Proteases > DPP-4 inhibitors > ALOGLIPTIN(ALOGLIPTINE, ALOGLIPTINA)
ALOGLIPTIN(ALOGLIPTINE, ALOGLIPTINA) Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:519.2±60.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.342
- Flash point:267.8℃
ALOGLIPTIN(ALOGLIPTINE, ALOGLIPTINA) Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionAlogliptin is a dipeptidyl-peptidase IV (DPP-4) inhibitor that was approved in Japan in 2010 for treatment of type 2 diabetes, a disease in which insulin resistance and β-cell dysfunction lead to hyperglycemia. As islet function is lost, the severity of insulin resistance increases. The introduction of DPP-4 inhibitors has brought a novel class of insulinotropic agents for the treatment options available to type 2 diabetic patients. The therapeutic potential of glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1), an incretin peptide, for the treatment of type 2 diabetes was realized in the 1990s. The insulinotropic effects of GLP-1 depend closely on glucose concentrations providing the possibility of glucose normalization without the risk of hypoglycemia. GLP-1 has other non-insulinotropic physiological actions that are advantageous. It suppresses glucagon secretion from a cells and slows gastric emptying, which contributes to satiety and to a slower passage and reabsorption of carbohydrates. GLP-1 also contributes to satiety via a central mechanism as a neurotransmitter with effects on the hypothalamus.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Solid
- OriginatorSyrrx Inc. (now Takeda San Diego) (Japan)
- UsesAlogliptin is an oral antihyperglycemic agent that is a selective inhibitor of the enzyme dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4). Antidiabetic agent.
- DefinitionChEBI: A piperidine that is 3-methyl-2,4-dioxo-3,4-dihydropyrimidine carrying additional 2-cyanobenzyl and 3-aminopiperidin-1-yl groups at positions 1 and 2 respectively (the R-enantiomer). Used in the form of its benzoate salt for treatment of t pe 2 diabetes.
- brand nameNesina
- Alogliptin Related Compound 26 Benzonitrile, 2-[(tetrahydro-3-Methyl-2,4,6-trioxo-1(2H)-pyriMidinyl)Methyl]- 2,4(1H,3H)-Pyrimidinedione, 6-methoxy-3-methyl- (S)-Alogliptin Benzoate Salt Alogliptin iMpurity AGOMELATINE Linagliptin Alogliptin benzoate Trelagliptin TAK-438 Trelagliptin succinate Teneligliptin Tozasertib Telmisartan Atazanavir sulfate Erteberel (LY500307) Rapamycin Olaparib
- Company Name:Hefei Topway Biotechnology Co.,Ltd Gold
- Tel:14755135869 0551-65326752
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Chemvon Biotechnology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:XiaoGan ShenYuan ChemPharm co,ltd
- Tel:15527768850 0712-2580635-