Galangin Chemical Properties
- Melting point:214-215 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:333.35°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.2319 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.6000 (estimate)
- Merck 14,4339
- BRN 272179
- CAS DataBase Reference548-83-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
Galangin Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesYellow powder
- UsesCYP1A1 inhibitor, vasodilator
- UsesGalangin is a flavanoid found in Alpinia officinarum, galangal rhizome (Alpinia galanga) and in propolis. Galangin has been show to inhibit proliferation of estrogen receptor-positive MCF-7 human brea st cancer cells as well as delay of mammary tumorigenesis.
- DefinitionChEBI: A 7-hydroxyflavonol with additional hydroxy groups at positions 3 and 5 respectively.
- Anticancer ResearchGalangin is a flavonol that is derived from Alpinia officinarum, a plant from the gingerfamily, grown in Southeast Asia. The extract from the rhizome suppresses cellproliferation of hepatocellular carcinoma cells (Su et al. 2013). ER stress is inducedby galangin as is evident by rise in concentration of cytosolic Ca2+ and other UPRtarget genes like CHOP, GRP 78 and GRP 94. The ER is a major storage site forintracellular calcium. Normal functioning of ER chaperones is disrupted by calciumexhaustion in ER which produces ER stress and hence activation of UPR (Hotamisligil2010; Mekahli et al. 2011). CHOP and 4-polybutyric acid siRNA, well-known ERstress inhibitor, substantially blocked stress induced by galangin in the HCC cell line.To sum up, ER stress is upregulated by galangin, inhibiting cancer cell proliferation,and galangin can prove to be an effective anticancer agent (Su et al. 2013).
- Company Name:ShangHai YuanYe Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:15800763013 021-61312847-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:INTATRADE GmbH
- Tel:+49 3493/605464
- Company Name:Chembest Research Laboratories Limited
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar