Nonivamide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:54°C
- Boiling point:200-210 °C(Press: 0.05 Torr)
- Density 1,1 g/cm3
- FEMA 2787 | NONANOYL 4-HYDROXY-3-METHOXYBENZYLAMIDE
- Flash point:190°C
- storage temp. Sealed in dry,2-8°C
- solubility methanol: 100 mg/mL, clear to slightly hazy
- form powder
- color white to off-white
- JECFA Number1599
- BRN 2144300
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference2444-46-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemNonanamide, N-[(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)methyl]- (2444-46-4)
Nonivamide Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionNonivamide is also called pelargonic acid vanillylamide or PAVA. It is a capsaicinoid. Nonivamide, isolated from peppers, is a naturally occurring analog of capsaicin (sc-3577). Similar to capsaicin, nonivamide can activate the TRPV1 receptor, thus, stimulate the firing rate of dopaminergic neurons in the ventral tegmental area of the brain and to increase the expression of the serotonin receptor gene HTR2A. Nonivamide is with lower TRPV1 binding affinity, thus, a reduced pungency (9 200 000 scoville heat units) compared to capsaicin (16 000 000 scoville heat units).
Nonivamide is used in the food production to add a hot sensation to flavoring agents and spice mixtures. It is also used in the sweets and confectionary industries to add hot sensation into products. In pharmaceutical industries, nonivamide is used as a cheaper alternative for capsaicin. Warming or heating ointment of nonivamide is used for temporary relief of pain from conditions such as rheumatism, arthritis, lumbao, muscular aches, sprains and strains, sporting injuries and other conditions where local warmth is beneficial. Finalgon is one of the common product utilizing nonivamide for this purpose. Nonivamide is also used as an incapacitant spray, affecting the assailed person’s eyes, causing intense pain and swelling.
- References https://www.scbt.com/scbt/product/nonivamide-2444-46-4
- DescriptionNonanoyl-4-hydroxy-3-methoxybenzylamide is odorless with a pungent, burning taste. Synthesized from nonanyl chloride and vanillylamine.
- Chemical Propertiesn-Nonanyl-4-hydroxy-3-methoxybenzyl-amide is an odorless compound, but has a pungent, burning taste
- Chemical Propertiessolid
- Usesanalgesic (topical), depletes Substance P
- UsesN-Vanillylnonanamide is a synthetic analogue of Capsaicin (175680) with similar bioactivity.
- DefinitionChEBI: A capsaicinoid that is the carboxamide resulting from the formal condensation of the amino group of 4-hydroxy-3-methoxybenzylamine with the carboxy group of nonanoic acid. It is the active ingredient in many pepper sprays.
- PreparationFrom nonanyl chloride and vanillylamine.
Nonivamide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsCAPSANTHIN
- Ethyl 2-(Chlorosulfonyl)acetate Α-ENDORPHIN 3-Methoxybenzylamine sodium nonivamide acetate (Z)-CAPSAICIN NONIVAMIDE N-(4-O-glycerol-3-methoxybenzyl)nonivamide Mud additive,W/O emulsion (Trifluoromethoxy)benzene Ascoric Acid CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III Docosanamide CAPSAICIN, SYNTHETIC ANALOG OLVANIL N-VANILLYLDECANAMIDE N-[(4-hydroxy-3-methoxy-phenyl)methyl]undecanamide Dihydrocapsaicin N-VANILLYL-10-UNDECENYLAMIDE
- Company Name:Wuhan yunxiu pharmaceutical technology co. LTD Gold
- Company Name:Yangzhou modier Electronic Materials Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Hubei Chanmol Biotech Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18062309155 0711-3812399-
- Company Name:Beijing Hanlun Science and Technology Development Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13366895850 010-67713695-805
- Company Name:Shaanxi Pioneer Biotech Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:15202491660 029-84385017-8011